What annoys you?

Pls don’t keep constantly calling on No Caller ID and not leave a voice message…

A little of column A…
There’s a lot of people drive for a long time before they meet a tram.

probably telemarketers or debt collectors.

That reminds me.
I’ve taken to leaving an umpires whistle beside the phone for the next prick from ‘Telstra’ telling me my computer has a virus.

2 Likes

My dear old Mum got stung by that one - unfortunately she’d trust just about anyone

That sucks.
The whistle is too good for them.

I normally string them along and then eventually let them know I’m not with Telstra.

Even falling into boiling acid is too good for them.

I was at my sister’s place yesterday. They had two of those calls while I was there.

I just never answer anything where I don’t recognise the number. If they’re legit, they can leave a message.

1 Like

It’s never legit. Telcos don’t call you if there is a virus, just like banks don’t call you or e-mail and ask for your PIN.

I’m annoyed by neighbour’s cat constantly wandering around my yard and walking over my car. It even came into the house the other day after my daughter left the front door open.

It’s going to have a serious farking accident soon and that will be last of it.

5 Likes

I mean any caller whose number I don’t recognise.

I had 2 on the mobile and one on the landline in quick succession a few weeks back, so I answered the third one which turned out to be the local doctor’s surgery asking me to come in.

Getting quoted $8k to upgrade a single phase ~10m mains cable and box, and move a meter box 4m. Then getting asked why I chose not to go ahead. FMD… (one of those large multi-trade service mobs)

Subsequent quotes for same were $1-2k

1 Like

I understand your frustration, but it is possibly a much loved pet. Think about the impact of that first. Perhaps a quiet talk with the neighbours is all that is needed?

2 Likes

Yes! When, and why, did this change? So many people now walk on the right. Why? Was there a Memo To All People that I somehow missed - directing everyone to henceforth immediately switch their footpath perambulations to the opposite side?

Yes

1 Like

Turn the hose on them or throw a bucket of water at them. and strew a few mothballs around in places where they are likely to rest. Citrus peel also helps to deter them.
But overall a dog is the best deterrent.

1 Like

Morally repugnant sociopaths with an over-inflated sense of self-entitlement. Find another planet.

3 Likes

I have a dog, but being socially responsible I keep him secured in the back yard and don’t let him wander the neighborhood. I’ll try the citrus peels, but the damn thing keeps climbing on my car and leaving paw prints.

I don’t know which neighbor it belongs to, but why do people just let their pets wander outside their house? I might try catching it and handing to the council. Hopefully they get the message quickly.

And to add to this, how about keeping to the left on escalators when stationary like the Poms do, so those of us in a hurry can pass on the right?

Darkknightphoenix and the fact that we can’t ignore someone.

2 Likes