What annoys you?

When your work laptops charger or battery carks it and you have documents and reports due in 2 weeks with no computer and unknown time of repair from Lenovo as the education department has moved to ACER and our technician has no old Lenovo batteries or chargers.

Needless to say unless they provide me with replacements parts asap I’m not going to be able to get work done at home and refuse to use my home computer.

Workplace politics. Glorified high school ■■■■■■■ contests.

4 Likes

Been in a kitchen working, as a dish pig, and, eventually, an (unqualified) Sou Chef.

Split shifts are a complete drain.

Pull the drive, grab the docs, edit elsewhere.
Next time, save online.

You’re annoyed you can’t do any work? You and I have different priorities.

1 Like

Cant with privacy laws and names of minors

Its more the expectations of the parents and leadership. Doesnt help the computers are rubbish and you’re locked into using the department issued devices for at least 5 years… in my case, pushed out to 6 due to new staff… mine carked it this year when Im due one next year due to the pushout.

When my laptop battery suddenly died, I was told to take out the battery and plug into the mains, pending replacement. Ii worked

If they think that a department laptop secures Privacy, tell them they are dreaming. Anyone with a will can hack it, and, if it involves minors, the dark side would be on the watch.
In my past life, we were forbidden from putting anything work related on a department or personal lap top - Iinside or outside the office - because, on the facts, they ran the risk of breaching privacy or other security. . . IF the department is making you use a laptop at home to do your work, ask them what security arrangements they have made to avoid hacking.

Tried that. Didn’t work. Think its the charger

Why would the department pay for laptops if they could not have anything work-related on them?

Po rn ?

LOL Good point

Sorry, should have said anything sensitive

Aaaaaaannd one month later…

Same issue yet again. Every bill they charge me for a mini TV box that I don’t have. When I originally got set up with Optus Fetch TV, they sent me a mini set-top box (normally used for a second TV) instead of the large box (with record function etc, used for your main TV). They corrected the mistake and sent me the bigger box and asked me to return the mini box which I duly did. Every month since they have charged me an extra $10 on my bill for having the additional mini box. Every month I ring them and tell them I have returned it and don’t want to see it on my bill again. Every month they say it will be removed and won’t re-appear. The funny thing iis they can tell by my usage that I don’t have it and am only using the one set-top box. I’m typing this as I’m on hold waiting to talk to one of those oh-so-helpful call-centre folks. Yet again.

Farking idiots.

2 Likes

I’m not a religious person, at all. I have no issue with religious people and beliefs, providing they don’t adversely effect others.
But here’s my gripe - seriously - pointing your finger up at the sky if you win a competitive game??? Really??? What kind of deity do you believe in that watches a boxing match/footy game/tennis match and decides to award it to someone? And no, it’s not about ‘dedicating a win’ to your god. That’s not my gripe. It’s the whole ‘god watched over me and gave me this victory’ bullshit that really ■■■■■■ me off. Like the deity wouldn’t have better things to do than support your stupid little sporting achievement over someone else. You’re not that important, ok? Not even from a world-perspective, let alone from a supernatural one ffs…

2 Likes

And American sports that emphasise a player’s faith as being a big part of who they are.

I reckon if any Australian commentator started bringing that crap up would be given the order of the elbow quick smart.

Take a fking knee…fk off! It’s a major, major part of what’s totally f**ked up about the USA.

1 Like

So if they get a long term injury, is that God testing them, or the hand of Satan?

1 Like

I think it’s God telling them they have to contribute more of their money to the church…preferably 100%.

1 Like

One day I’d like to see the opposite of the “thank gud” routine by a sportsman.

“Yeah, we were all over them in the last until FUCKEN JESUS REJECTED MY SWEET FADEAWAY”!

4 Likes