What annoys you?

I’m 100% with you. I don’t have an answer and it’s a ■■■■ problem on society at the moment. Personally I think both parents at home for the first three years of the child’s life would be amazing. The village to raise a kid is so true, the difference this would make on the children would be astounding.

Cost of living is a joke, and it definately forces dual incomes for majority of households just to go paycheck to paycheck.

Problem is I don’t see an end to that practice any time soon. I hope they do fix the childcare system and not only from a cost perspective but from a quality of education and care perspective as well.

I don’t think it’s a joke.
The quality of life here, education & healthcare system, safety and rule of law. It all costs money to maintain.
You just have to make compromises. And the choices that make sense for my family probably won’t make sense for you.

1 Like

Based on my experience living and working in different cities over the world, our cost of living here is a joke.
Our public transport and law enforcement is not adequate. Our public schooling is hit and miss depending on the area you live in, whilst roads (Mainly in Sydney) are not maintained at all.
Our tax money is not well spent, and we seem to discourage real private enterprise doing development work for communities.
Public healthcare may be a little slow at times, but is brilliant.
Our entire welfare system is beyond repair and needs to be scrapped. So yeah we have a lot of work to do.
We all need to make sacrifices as to what is best for our family. I respect yours and that they will be different to mine.

Local Councillors get paid Fark all and I have not been in that gig for six years. Mayor gets paid Ok plus a car, but the good citizens throwing eggs and tomatoes is not pleasant. Do not miss it one bit. Though I was easily the best Mayor this Shire has had.

Currently Mrs Fox the third, who has proven to be a keeper and now a fanatic Bomber. Wedding Anniversity in a few days.

Ideally it would be great to spend the early years full time with your kids, when they really want to be with you, and watching them develop is very exciting. It is a pity that our economy and society makes Childcare mandatory these days. Glad I am well and truly belong that.

There’s a lady at my gym that sprays a fricken massive dose of deodorant over her entire body just before she puts her bag down and starts her workout.

In any other environment I wouldn’t have a problem, but when you’re busting a gut and trying to breathe, it’s impossible if this person is within 10m.

What benefit could it really have?

Today’s a good day for an ODI.
sigh

1 Like

Just be glad it wasn’t patchouli. (Or maybe that’s what it was.)

Being old.
I would seriously watch the hell out of an Australia vs Australia A ODI tonight.
I have zero friggin’ interest in T20.
But the kids love it, so…
Just bugger.

Patchouli would be better, or BO, or both…

The kidz these dayz would melt down the internet if Reiffel was held out of the final because Australia knew Australia A were gonna spank them.

2 Likes

And if Jones were somehow not even good enough for the second team…

Brisbane fan saying how much the AFL love Essendon - and that’s why they’ve given us a cushy draw. And we’re in denial?

What the fark

science says Brisbane fan is wrong/idiot

44 pm copy

2 Likes

18?

Go to chicken shop to get lunch for wife and I
ME: 2 chicken and mayo rolls please.
ATTENDANT: Sorry we are not doing them as we have no chickens for them.
Look in the hot box to see at least 15 whole chickens

ME: Yes you do. What are these?
ATTENDANT: They are for Christmas orders. We are not cutting up any chickens today. We can do Nuggets and chips only.

When has any shop declined orders because they are only doing Christmas orders only on the product that they are mainly selling (chicken). Surely they would have a chook or two for walk in who want menu items especially if they have not got a sign up saying “Christmas orders only on chickens”. The roast joint next door had the common sense to do that for their store.

1 Like

Fark Collingwood.

You never cease to come through with the goods.

Oh goodness, the internet rants I would have gone on over this topic…

1 Like

Sonic Youth
Stone Roses
Suede

Edit: Fixed for AT.