What annoys you?

I hate how they always try and sting you for new wiper blades, then charge a fortune for the 5 minutes it takes to change em.

Supercheap & Autobarn at least, will fit them for free.

Quite a few other things too.

1 Like

My guys charged me $15 for new blades that I did actually need. Is that too much?

Nah, … thats about right.

@SillyBilly

Tyes are not part of the warranty, so you can do what you like with them, they can’t force you. Tell them thanks for the notification but you will organise it yourself. Don’t even waste your time with the manager, otherwise tell them to get stuffed.

Then keep an eye on the tread marker and replace them when absolutely necessary. If you hit that, they will be unroadworthy regardless of the kms.

You’ll most likely also save a bit of money by shopping around for a better deal from tyre dealers. For a car that size that price sounds way to high for new tyres.

1 Like

Should last pretty well. I would be shocked if the fronts needed doing at the same time as the rears, a front wheel drive will chew the fronts probably 10-20k before the rears, hence they often do 2 at a time.

This is a pretty good guide:

Swap the fronts to the back and you might get another couple of years from them. Yaris is such a light car I can’t see how you would scrub out a set of tyres that quickly unless you (like um a friend of mine) blast into roundabouts and drift it.

Post a pic, lets see what they look like. You might only need two tyres and for a little car like that you could spend $200.

People that call Launceston Lawwwnnceston & people that say they are going up to somewhere when the are actually heading south and vice versa.

They are actually being geographically and historically correct. Your perception of them being incorrect is actually influenced by the northern hemisphere bias of mapmakers. In reality, going northwards is no less “down” than going southwards is.

In the days before cars when most country people would have to travel long distances, they would do so by train.

The train depot was considered by the rail management as the home point, and every train would come “down” to them. In the Australian context, this is reinforced by all capitals being on the coast, so they would be nearly at sea level, so most up-country starting points would be at a higher altitude, so of course the trains would be coming down.

Thanks Albert, I will cross it off my list but i still might get a little pi$$ed when someone tells me they are going down too Queensland when they’re travelling from Victoria.

Well, they are slumming it.

If you take it from a latitudinal point of view, then anywhere heading away from the equator is essentially up that scale … Up South,… or Up North.

Foxtel are dropping World Movies at the end of January…it’s one of only 2 movie channels I ever watch there. Where am I going to get my pretentious, art-house tripe now?

Sbs

Yes. SBS2

What do they look like (marker) he said the shoulders are wearing more than the middle.

Quoted $755 for 4 brand new Dunlops (including fitted and aligned)

They often will on the front due to the mandatory (but unnecessary) toe in they apply in alignments. But if you’ve had them rotated at regular intervals that shouldn’t happen this soon, … and if you haven’t, the rears will still likely be just fine.

Also, an over-pressured tire will wear more in the middle.

The difference between a car tyre and 365 condoms is that one is a Goodyear and the other is a BL00DY good year.

I spoke to a bloke in Lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnceston recently. He was trying to find an item that was sent to the wrong location by FASTWAY COURIERS. If you want your parcel to go anywhere but to its intended destination, use Fastway.