What annoys you?

This is what you missed last night.

In the tyre grooves there are little raised cross lines, if you look at the close up in the link HAP posted you can see them or you can feel them with your fingers

As others have said, uneven wear & general tyre damage can happen, but if they are being rotated/correct pressure maintained it shouldn’t get out of control.

Still reckon you can do better on price, if it comes to that. There are so many tyre types out there, and brand, style, size will change the pricing. I found this pretty easily. If you rang around to a couple of the big tyre dealers you could check if there are other specials (alignment might be a bit extra) or choose a different brand.

https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/vehicles/toyota/yaris/by/brand/dunlop?limit=100

This is the email they sent me

Hi Ellie

With customer viewing habits continuing to evolve and more people watching on demand, we’ve made the decision to keep a step ahead by replacing the World Movies channel with a dedicated on demand library. The change also streamlines our on demand offer by putting a curated collection of the best in world cinema within easy reach for international film fans.

What happens next?

From 1 February 2018 World Movies will move to On Demand^, replacing the World Movies channel which will no longer be available on Foxtel and will be removed from all Movies packs on this date.

World Movies on Foxtel On Demand brings nearly 100 titles from the World Movies library available to stream or download, when you want, all as part of your subscription, and joins the highly acclaimed Walter Presents, known for delivering some of the world’s best foreign language dramas.

For those of you still looking for a live experience, be sure to tune in to Foxtel Movies Masterpiece on Wednesdays, starting 3 January, for our World Movies screenings hosted by Margaret Pomeranz with films from acclaimed directors, such as Pedro Almodovar, Werner Rainer Fassbender, Xavier Dolan, Wong Kar Wai, Seijun Suzuki, Werner Herzog and others.

For more information, visit Foxtel.com.au/channelchanges.

The Foxtel Team

Ta…they can stick the Asian rubbish where the sun don’t shine. And by that, I mean all Asian movies.

Unfortunately, I have pretty well all the Almodóvar movies on disk (and Julieta on the IQ3). If they stick to Western European (languages), I’m happy

1 Like

Oh boy do they.

We took our car for it’s first service at Land Rover ( we have a Discovery Sport). We have 3 years free servicing which is pretty sweet. I got a phone call saying the wiper blades needed replacing. Yeah okay, how much I ask.

That’ll be $192 including fitting!!! Yeah no thanks, I’ll do them myself.

Jeebus. That’s crazy!!

Worst I’ve had was $60, but usually it’s around the $30 mark. Fark off…

Sitting here on a Friday at my desk, bawling as I write my ‘father-of-the-groom’ speech…

7 Likes

Awwww, when is your son’s wedding?

Tomorrow gulp

Wishing him a happy life with his soon to be wife!

3 Likes

Our Brivis AirCon stopped working in mid November. Had to book a service job online with Brivis (now owned by Rinnai) as would never get through on the phone. Finally after a week got a an email, and a serviceman booked to arrive . He came and said that the unit needed regassing. but he couldn’t do that so they would send another guy. This visit cost over $300 and he was there less than an hour, but I paid as I wanted it fixed

Got a quote for regassing at $985, which I had to accept; 4 week wait and next engineer arrives and I was there to supervise. He told me that it needed regassing !! He said he needed to find the leaks; and he found that someone had left a number of valves closed to finger-tight so it had to leak !

He regassing it, and did all valves up tight so there were no leaks. Turned it on, and the same fault was there ! This had taken about 1 hour.

He then spent five minutes checking the system programming, to tell me that the controller had “lost” the program and needed a reset which he did. All worked fine.

Here is the dilemma; I have repairs totalling over $1300 for work that may not have needed to be done. The first engineer let the valves open and the gas escaped. Like it is a real scam.

Scam.
Hard to imagine it is gross incompetence.

Tell him that it’s not too late to pull out

Wing it, those type of speeches always come out better! :rofl:

Make sure you throw a few of these zingers in the speech

now that you’re married remember that when you have a discussion with your wife, always remember to get the last two words in: “Yes dear…

“Whenever you’re wrong, admit it. Whenever you’re right, shut up.”

“Happy marriages are a matter of give and take. The husband gives, the wife takes.”

You never know what true happiness is until you get married – but by then it’s too late of course.”

haha…that last one is a doozey.
But I think I’ll leave the banter and roasting stuff to the best man, and just do a nice ‘daddy’ speech.

Father of the Groom gets to make a speech ?

Apparently.

I made a speech at my eldest Son’s wedding in Darwin, only because the Father of his Bride had already passed away and her Mother was not keen. It was a hot day (Darwin, after all) and I had more than a few beers. My other Son warned me not to say anything about his Mother, Mrs Fox the Second, mother of all my kids, so I complied and ignored her completely. Everyone noted that and thought I was just being my normal prickish self.

I have also given the Father of the Bride speech at the daughters wedding. Less said of that the better.

So my advice, is to mention everyone, only say nice things, don’t try to be funny and leave all drinking until after the speech.

3 Likes
2 Likes