What annoys you?

Humidity. When the evaporative cooling makes everything sticky and the paper in the printer goes floppy. Like today in Melbourne. :frowning:

2 Likes

Wooden floorboards are sticky. Evaporative cooling does F*ck all when its humid.

Biggest waste of money. Should have gone refridgeratedā€¦

2 Likes

But when the airline lets people on with 3 or 4 items, you often donā€™t have a choice.

And the lazy farmers donā€™t put stuff under their own seat (ie the one in front of them)

If only they had about 5 peopleā€™s whose main job it was to sort out where it goes?

Tell you what does annoy me.
Wanker colleague passing on a Monday-first-thing job. In fucken Launceston. At 4:56pm, on the Thursday before a public holiday.
Via e-mail.

Wanker.

Mines working fine. You may need to open more windows to let the air flow out better.

Idiots who donā€™t go into the middle of the intersection when turning right with no green arrows. Worse still is the idiots who pull up to the lights about 5m short in turning lines thus not activating the sensor and therefore missing 2 complete cycles. Hate to stereotype but 95% they are Asian and despite constant sounding of the horn they refuse to move up

4 Likes

Also, in Sydney and Brisbane, I think youā€™re not supposed to do it. Grow a set you losers, get into the middle of the intersection, or weā€™ll be stuck here all day.

Especially in Adelaide between certain hours in peak hour there are no green arrows so at most maybe only 2 or 3 cars get through each cycle

yeah but what are the chances of both cars in Adelaide needing to go the same direction at the same time?

1 Like

You have never experienced peak hour in Adelaide I take it?
The road network and infrastructure is a shambles and because our PT is pretty ordinary the majority of people drive to work

1 Like

We had a technician out today. Circuit board is stuffed and Indian Mynas have built nests in it.

$600 laterā€¦

Fk Indian Mynas.

Flying Cane Toads.

KILL KILL KILL!

1 Like

They are in plague proportion out my way. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  everywhere on the alfresco and fenceline.

Iā€™m gonna whinge about tv now, soā€¦yeah, I get it.
Kind of lame. And who watches FTA anymore anyway?

But Celebrity Splash is on one of the 7 channels right now.
Where one of the celebrities in an ex-Gladiator, and I donā€™t recognise the other one.
Larry Emdurā€™s hosting.
And I wonder how much money they threw at that.

Anyway, itā€™s got me wondering.
How do we not have a Tonight Show in this country?
How do we not have a primetime pop/pop culture show?
Hereā€™s a pitch. A show where someone talks to whoeverā€™s touring and plays their favourite songs, and they talk about that?
Whether itā€™s Pink or Foo Fighters or Charlie XOX or whoever?

But yeah-nah, Celebrity Splash. Thatā€™s gonna take off.

I only watch FTA for sport. The majority of other shows represents the de-volution of humanity.

12 Likes

same same

1 Like

In a word, dollars.

When you consider that 2 of the top rating shows in the country are glorified ads for for Mitre 10 and Coles, with every ep a paid-for promo for one business or another, 3 hosts whoā€™s job is basically to describe a plate of food and/or a reno job, and the ā€œtalentā€ are unpaid Fred Nerks all there competing for some prize and the plotline as such is written by some faceless producer in a back roomā€¦

Something like celebrity splash would be 2 or 3 cameras, only a few locations, they probably film a whole season in a month, writing would be minimal, the ā€œtalentā€ are probably network hacks on bottom dollar retainer contracts.

Thereā€™s a lot more (financial) risk to the producer who greenlights a tonight show - itā€™s gotta be filmed close to the date (if not live), you need a big studio, wrangle a live audience, acts are paid for, the host/s need writing which needs to be done weekly. And compared to Masterchef or the Block thereā€™s waaaaay fewer promo opportunities.

And compared to a written comedy or drama show: very little appeal on re-run. Which is a thing now, given all the hours they need to fill on 7Mate and 9Go.

1 Like

did you know almost 8 out of 10 dollars each day is spent through westfarmers and woolworths?

thats why literally took maybe a week to replace all the old plastic notes in circulation.(anyone who remembers paper to plastic will remember it took months).