What annoys you?

Only capital city I’ve been too which has a one way freeway, depending on what time of day you are travelling. It’s into the city in the mornings & away from the city in the afternoons.
No idea what happens at night, maybe it’s a free for all

Don’t drive in Cairns, it will drive you nuts. I call it intersection creep, but heaps of the locals don’t do it,

The Southern expressway you talk of was completed years ago and it now goes both ways

Brivis!

Fecking useless ■■■■■! My evap airconditioner is cutting out every 5 minutes. I spoke to tech support when it did this in the 40+ degree heatwave a few weeks ago and they said this is common. Call back when temp is below 35 degrees and it still cuts out.

Kept doing it so we got someone out. The morning of his arrival we had a misty drizzle. He arrives and says due to the tin roof and that misty rain, he cant get on the roof.

I said “Bullshit, it will dry out in less than an hour. Do another job and come back.” He said that’s not how it works. I will call on Monday"

He identified it is the circuit board as water is leaking out of the pump and its not wetting the pads enough.

So now we are sitting here on the hottest night of the year with a dodgy aircon and waiting for the guy to call Monday and book us in AGAIN.

This is what their $285 customer support fee (1st hour of them being here)… he wasn’t even here for 20minutes and fixed nothing.

1 Like

I never have that trouble with my Evap Cooling system.

Of course it is just a 15m soaker hose attached to the ridge line to water the North facing side of my roof.

Working better than ever this year since I painted that side with white roof paint.

Get out and spray the roof over living areas with a hose every half hour or so while it’s stuffed. It makes a hell of a difference.

Not sure exactly what’s happening to yours.

For ours one room was getting hot dry air, and all the others were as expected. I couldn’t figure it out. Guy cane out, said there was nothing wrong.

I climbed up in the roof while he was here and within 5 seconds noticed one of the pads was dry was a witches tit.

He then said it hadn’t been installed perfectly level, causing one side to stay dry.

From memory I can’t recall if he fixed it or another person had to come out, but it was bizarre how one room copped most of the air from that side of the vent. But when you looked at it was obvious.

It’s actually been ‘ok’ inside today. I might give the roof a squirt and see what happens.

I’ve always just accepted that evap is okay for up to about 33/34, anything more needs refrigerated.

But who’s gonna spray SB while he sprays the roof??

1 Like

Security guards who want to be a hero and exacerbate things.
They wouldn’t last a friggin’ night with us.

1 Like

He can just put it on fine spray and aim it into the wind, … or straight up every now & then. Does the job.

1 Like

The heat is fine, it’s the humidity that kills it. Ours house hasn’t got below 27 all day.

1 Like

Yep. Evap works awesome in melbourne, except for 3-4 days when it’s humid, then it’s farkin orrible.

They just don’t work in the humidity. You probably can’t even buy one in Sydney or Brisbane. You’d die if you tried to use it.

1 Like

The evaps are much cheaper to run than refrig. I’m happy to put up with a couple of days a year where it’s hot. Being a family of hayfever sufferers we also find that the evap is good at filtering out pollen (particularly on those north wind super hot days) so makes life more comfortable in that way.

1 Like

I try not to run refrig but I’m glad I have both.

Brivis are farking corrupt crooks. It is hard enough to get a service guy to attend.

They never fix anything in the first visit, and in my view create more faults to repair next time.

They over-charge with parts, and gouge with labour rates.

I will never get a Brivis anything ever again.

1 Like

Evap is farked when my idiot neighbour thinks it’s time to burn all the ■■■■ he hordes in his back yard. Couches, rubbish, recyclables everything. Called the cops, they say you gotta call the council, or fire brigade if it’s threatening a house. Called the council a few times but not sure if they’ve ever fined the idiots.

2 Likes

$285 for 1 hour is their standard rate… I think I’m in the wrong field of work.

Sounds like they think they are plumbers or something??

{Might actually be Plumbers …??)

Farking crooks. They even make it for other repair to get access to parts and service info, which is actually illegal under the Trade Practices Act.

Don’t these units come with a warranty??

If so, surely it’s free within it? And if it’s past warranty, there’s then no reason to use them, … I’m sure there’s a heap of crew that could do the job, … definitely cheaper, … and by the sounds of it,… in all likelihood, way better.