What annoys you?

A while ago, one of my sons thought it was really funny to turn the toaster’s dials up all the way. Because I’m forgetful, I kept

Without exaggeration, 12 of the 12 infringements that lost me my licence a few years ago, were listed between 106-110 on a freeway. Be careful, luck runs out.

The 2nd Julius Caeser reference in a week.
Spooky.

Cyclists and the stupid rules drivers have to obey:

“A cyclist can ride next to another cyclist (this is called ‘riding two abreast’) on the road with the following rules:

On single-lane roads, cyclists can’t ride beside more than one other cyclist (unless overtaking).
On multi-lane roads, cyclists:
can’t ride more than two abreast in any single marked lane (unless overtaking)
can ride more than two abreast across multiple lanes.
When travelling two abreast, cyclists shouldn’t be more than 1.5 metres apart.
Tip for cyclists: when riding two abreast, consider other road users and if necessary, change to single file to help drivers overtake safely.
Tip for drivers: only overtake when it is safe and legal to do so. After overtaking, make sure you’re well clear of the cyclists before moving back.”

Just sat behind two of them for about 3 minutes on my way to work - excruciating.

Just make them ride single file FFS

4 Likes

“Consider other road users”. That’s a laugh! Never have they done that.

Surprised it doesn’t say in there “you can also go through a red light” or “you don’t have to give way to pedestrians at pedestrian crossings” and “you’re not a road user when it it doesn’t benefit you to be one”

5 Likes

So many cyclists just go through the red light on the intersection of Flinders x Swanston. Surprised I haven’t seen someone get collected yet.

My favourite from 2017 was a guy who rode past me the wrong way up a one way street in the CBD, and gave me a look to say, ‘look out, you ■■■■■■■ idiot, you could have killed me.’
Wasn’t even mad.
You don’t get that sort of comedy every day.

This was a while ago now, but my blood still boils when I remember it.
Imagine being at the lights in the city - bumper-to-bumper, peak hour, no options, inside lane about 50’ from the lights. Now, imagine you see a cyclist in your side mirror careening in between the two car lanes at speed heading towards you. He then puts out a hand, and intentionally smashes your side mirror and keeps going, glancing back once quickly - then disappears around a corner, never to be seen again.

And you think Douglas in Falling Down was mad…

1 Like

I did once on the Flinders/Elizabeth intersection. Unfortunately for the rider my mass was greater than his mass plus the mass of his bike.

I don’t even do that. Watched the Aus Open on an o/s stream. Bliss.

However don’t do this for cricket on Star Sports. You think the ads here are constant? Sheesh.

And it’s all just to meet mandatory local content quotas.

They need to get rid of those. They had their purpose once upon a time.

Your speedo is probably inaccurate, most likely showing you’re going faster than you actually are.

So yep, go an extra 5 k’s per hour for a while and report back please. :wink:

Most likely everyone’s is.
I’ll just go my own pace, thanks.

Please do as requested. I’m eagerly awaiting the results of this highly scientific experiment to gauge the accuracy of speedos.

Not that I’m wanting to see you have speeding fines and points added to your licence, no, not at all.

Lol.
You’re not the boss of me.

Spoilsport. I was looking forward to the lolz.

My current car reads 2kph fast (at 100). The old one read 7 over, that was good.

(Easy to do checks against either the fixed speed displayers or a GPS.)

1 Like

Uses phone while driving, take his license and lock him up.

It’s a 3km difference for me. Speedo says 103kmh, actual speed is 100kmh, but the SatNav only warns me if I’m notionally 3kmh over the limit.

Problem is when the speed limits are changed but you haven’t got a SatNav that is up-to-date with this.