What annoys you?

If only there was some other form of notification

According to the speedo advisory sign on the Princes Hwy coming out of Geelong, my car is travelling about 5 kā€™s per hour slower than my speedo displays, however, I dont trust the accuracy of those signs, so normally I travel just a tick over 100, and therefore I am probably going about 97 kā€™s per hour. The traffic doesnā€™t build up behind me so I guess other drivers have the same doubts as I do.

1 Like

Flemington road is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā– ā– ā– ā–  for dealing with cyclists. I want to turn left you ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  moron get out of the way.

1 Like

I think my phone agrees with the Princes Hwy signsā€¦there are mobile speed thingies in Camperdown and Port Fairy too. They all have me about 3% under.

As someone who drives a tall vehicle - it really is surprising just how many people do this. Around 20% I reckon. Iā€™ve considered taking a photo of them and sending it in to the authorities, but, you knowā€¦

You will also see a lot of it if you ride a motorcycle

Yeah, but what about people on phones?

Whilst we are on traffic and road laws etc, whose bright idea was it that when using supermarket car parks normal road traffic laws are no longer in effect?

While there is some ambiguity at the edges, generally the Road Rules do apply in ā€œan area that is not a road and that is open to or used by the public for driving, riding or parking motor vehiclesā€.

Key phrase is ā€œroad-related areaā€.

No they donā€™t.

Did you read those rules on the ā€œwritten in invisible inkā€ page of the text book?

They apply. Whether theyā€™re regularly enforced is a different question. The quoted bit above comes from the road rules.

Legal debates (for people who have too much money, and like lawyers) may arise when Traffic Control Items (e.g. Stop signs) are not submitted to/ticked off by VicRoads (or your local equivalent).

Please, dont be so serious! This isnt the dumb question amnesty thread :laughing:

Rest assured I had to open the Road Rules to ensure I got the quoted bit right. Iā€™m not that much of a nerd.

1 Like

Look, now youā€™ve gone too farā€¦

Disappointed. Was expecting the Simpsons image.

If itā€™s private property then much could be up to the owner, though of course they would still have to comply with various regulations (not necessarily all general road rules, I expect).

So so true

There is NO activity that cannot be combined with modern smartphone use

Evap Cooler update. The bloke came this morning to fix it. Found out it was just a bunch of Myna bird nests sitting on the pads and stopping the water getting onto them so only needed a service.

Later this afternoon though the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  birds were back and sitting in the system again.

Anyone know of something to put up there to prevent them getting into the system? Seems like we live in their flight path or where they like to hunt around (our neighbour is a pig who leaves a mess after a big night and often has his bin overflow)

I could get the netting that people put on their plants, but would rather have something else that might not look ridiculous.

The evap cooler guy said I could get it serviced every year, but that would be at least $150-$285.

They are highly inquisitive birds.

Set a trap, and then kill them humanely, if you want to go that far, which I believe is legal.

1 Like