What annoys you?

Have you ever stood on a hard bit of pasta on the floor? Or tried to vaccum it up? Nightmare.

Well there you go, Blitz is abound with handy little tips, thank you kind sir

1 Like

Injuries at training leading into Round 1.

5 Likes

I only made this discovery myself a matter of months ago, life changing moment.

1 Like

Thinking you have timed dinner perfectly to coincide with Mrs Ivan’s return from work only to realise you forgot to turn the farking rice cooker on and dealing with the consequent starving children melt down. fark!

2 Likes

Rice cooker… pffft

whoever doesn’t use a rice cooker is making there lives unnecessarily difficult. That isn’t to say I don’t cook a half decent rissoto every so often but really, in the middle of the week, after you rushed home from work, done the school and daycare pick up, dealt with the barrage of requests from the moment you walked in the door, worked out how late wifey will be, and generally been left in a state of desperation to get the young ones to bed so you can breath, who can be farked cooking rice on the stove?

2 Likes

When we got one (we somehow ended up with a $20 voucher from Harvey Norman) I thought it’d be a cupboard clogger. Use it at least twice a week. Haven’t quite nailed making good brown rice in it, but all the white varieties come out well.

I think the brown rice ratio is advertised as 3 to 2 water/rice but I agree that still doesn’t feel quite right. Anyway the kids turn their nose up at it and I have given up on that argument for the time being, it isn’t worth it.

We use the stove. Rice and water, boil, then simmer. It’s not difficult. Rice is the 3yos favourite food so we cook alot and freeze it.

2 Likes

I think we may have had this discussion before…but if anyone’s interested…the method for perfect rice every time…

1. Put rice in pot
  2. Rinse at least three times
  3. Cover with water and leave stand about half hour
  4. Rinse
  5. Add water to just above level of rice
  6. Cover and cook on high about 5 mins

Rice is ready when the mass develops little holes

Always light, always fluffy. Sounds like a lot of mucking around but literally takes a minute to prep.

The difficulty is keeping an eye on it while being pulled in several different directions by the littles. Rice cooker is rinse, set and forget. Then oh it’s ready and it’s perfect. I’ve had this argument with a few housemates over the years, in the end I converted all of them.

We had one, not anymore as we don’t eat that much rice, but when we did - they worked and worked well. X billion Asians use them and they can’t all be wrong.

1 Like

I’ve been cooking rice all my life, mate… nothing easier, and I’ve never used anything other than a pot. I guess it’s what you’re used to.

2 Likes

You can also use rice cookers to steam dim sims.

Case closed.

3 Likes

You forgot to tell us when to harvest it, and the best method for threshing.

5 Likes

I have no problem cooking rice in a pot either - but when you’ve got a kid crawling around, climbing on stuff, screaming, needing their dinner, you still have to cook the main part of the meal, setting the table, blah blah blah: any task which you can automate to the point of safely ignoring is golden.

2 Likes

soccer diving - this one is a shocker

https://youtu.be/qLV0tdCLWVE

Soccer in general.

4 Likes

You what ■■■■? :smiley: