What annoys you?

Excellent work, mare…I mean megz.

Why do we tip for anyway? If I go out for dinner I’ll only tip if the service is great (not good, great) and so is the food.

2 Likes

It’s way more relevant in the US, where wait staff are paid a pittance, and they get by mainly on Tips, … (how tf that came to be the case, I’ll never understand,) … but here, … we have miles better social, workplace & wage codes like min wage, casual rates, weekend & Public Hol rates, (Sunday rates gone though, thanks to the Libs ) Comp Super, Medicare, etc, . so it really isn’t required, or necessary like it is over there, … however,… it is nice to do for Wait Staff, because they do (if they do their job properly) wait on your beck and call… like some sort of servant or Butler, … but just for pulling a tap, or pouring some Bourb over ice??

You’d have to have gone to some next level of helpfulness considering the Bar Prices I already pay for a simple froffie these days to cover those way better wages and W/Place conditions.

Not to mention you go to them, often having to stand among a baying sweaty herd, to regularly then not get served in turn, and wait sometimes for an age, and only too often get the type that resemble the Cokk that snarked “Are You sure” to the OP when he said keep the Buck.

Guy was a next level jerkoff @TwoDogs

2 Likes

What… cash-in-hand, undeclared income? I can see how it would be an American Right.

I always tip unless the service is bad. Giving someone on a minimum wage a little extra isn’t a bad thing. Doesn’t hurt me, helps them, all good.

Tipping at a busy venue will eliminate your waiting-at-the-bar-for-service time.

1 Like

trashy reality shows being shoved in our faces all the time

3 Likes

People who stand still on the right hand side of an escalator (and someone is standing on the left) and block it up completely.

For anyone that uses Platforms 3 & 4 at Flagstaff or Parliament Station in Melbourne would know how long those escalators are and how annoying it can be when you miss your train because of some flog blocking the right hand side.

4 Likes

Can’t you slide down the middle bit?

1 Like
3 Likes

Hmmm … scratch that idea!

Yeah, peeps who watch trashy reality shows

This is one of life’s great lessons. Tip the Batman well on your first round, and forever be served from 5 deep later in the night.

While I’m at it…another couple

Asking a woman if she has had her hair done will get you brownie points, even if she hasn’t, at least you noticed she’s made an effort.

If you’re dining in a restaurant, make your partner sit in the seat that lets them have the full view of the restaurant, you can stare at the wall or whatever.

Dumb ■■■■■ at the airport car park who want to go up with the luggage, yet take the elevator that is going down to ground level so I cant get in because they are too stupid to see the arrow

Dumb ■■■■■

Oh man I wish I could find something I loved as much as baby boomers enjoy ignoring the arrow telling you which way a lift is going. Then they spend a full minute getting in, making eye contact with everyone, then asking someone “is this going up”, which of course it’s not, and then spending another full minute getting out. Thing is as long as we help them, they just won’t learn how for themselves. I’ve taken to telling them the wrong direction.

1 Like

I’m just not that into blackmailing, Bribery, or queue jumping because I have more cash to splash to get special treatment over my fellow Aussie drinkers, … fk that, … and fk them for accepting it and doing it.

If this practice is rife, then it’s no wonder so many of them become such obnoxious, up jumped power trippers.

Really clashes with that “Fair Go” ethos, and moral code I grew up with.

1 Like

Nah, only do it when you know it’s going to be crazy busy, or it’s one of ‘those’ places were they only serves girls and celebrities first. Or to get a decent pour of a drink.

(Come to think of it, it’s been over a decade since I’ve been to one of ‘those’ places)

3 Likes

Melb Central from 3 or 4 to the top. Fmd I want to jump

Closest I’ve come to perfection
imagehttps://i.imgur.com/QmaNXDn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

3 Likes

Having the farking flu.

2 Likes