What annoys you?

Conchiglie al Tonno was one of my favourites at the old Campari’s back when it was a decent bistro in the 50s-90s in the Pellegrinis style.

But otherwise, reminds me too much of the old “no meat Fridays” days.

The policy I had was you have an hour of break time, do with it as you please, but not in the first hour or last hour (busiest times of the day). So 1x60, or 1x30 and 2x15, or 3x20 or whatever. Just don’t be at your desk.

its industry dependent of course. just my experience though. did sweet ■■■■ all the last half hour

when i order a sandwich for lunch at a bakery or cafe and they make it in the wrong order. (like mayonaise on the cheese or something)
While i love banh mi, the vietnamese rolls, i always feel they are the worst at making sandwiches.

They cut the baguette uneven, then they put the salad on first… but in a way that it is all on one side of the roll and the meat the other… this means you get one mouth full of salad and bread, then the next mean and bread… and all i want is even bread to meat to salad ratio per mouthful… i want to tell them, but then i feel bad, but then i think… hang on i spend $10+ a day here for lunch $50 a week… i think i might deserve a better made sandwich… by that time it is made.

The Vietnamese designed a perfect salad roll flavour profile… yet can not place it in a roll properly. Ironic isnt it.

YOU MONSTER!

Lunchtime is Blitztime!

1 Like

With the added tuna, do you have a mint afterwards?

I love having garlic the night before, getting to work & then watching customers get up close initially & then back right off once they have copped a whiff.

A good way of maintaining personal space

if you spend more than $5 on banh mi, you are spending too much.

1 Like

I’m not happy unless I’ve got my 5 metre barrier of garlic breath

3 Likes

I don’t really like some of the people I work with, so no .

Mate, all work time that isn’t lunch time is Blitz time

3 Likes

1 Like

Another one of my real (and secret) heroes died tonight (from an apparent suicide). That annoys me.

I have lost so many friends, family, acquaintances, etc to the dark curse (or other reasons) that I just can’t count anymore. I am at the point that I am just clueless. I just sent out a group message to family and friends (not a sermon) - just a reminder - that if I can ever help them in any way - just to shout out. Not really sure if there is anything else I can do.

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain. I feel blessed to have visited your restaurant in New York City, however, it was your humanity, irreverence, love of travel and interest in other cultures and expressions of life that I will miss the most.

4 Likes

Well, … fukk.

1 Like

Gosh that’s sad. Seemed to be such an irrepressible lover of food, culture and the good things that life bring us.

1 Like

I think I’m the only person in the world that actually likes the smell of freshly eaten garlic.

1 Like

We never really know people.

A friend of mine just sent me this. I like it (except the American part).

2 Likes

Sounds nothing like 99% of Americans that I’ve met.

Though possibly does articulate Bourdains style.

Best travel/food entertainer imo. Really did capture what food should be all about.

2 Likes

Agreed, hence my comment. Not based on nationality. Loved ABs verve for life & his inquisitive, questioning, irreverent style.

Spot on.

Anyway, I missed the ‘celebrity deaths’ thread - where these posts belong. Cheers.

2 Likes

"Take me now! I Command!
Take me now take me now - Sexy Land!"

farkorf idiots

1 Like