What annoys you?

Qué? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

he was very (very very) open about his self destructive behaviours… drinking, smoking & eating too much. I was saddened, but not shocked.

Not to mention the past Heroin and Cocaine use and addictions, …

Windows updates.
I’d prefer them more often and take less time.

You know you can schedule them to happen whenever you want?

I have mine configured to notify me when there’s one available, and allow me to do it manually, then I just hit the button before I hit the sack.

No muss, no fuss.

Yeah, I do.
Ta.

I guess your rig took it better than my last two.

Well, it is fairly new, … and I whacked in my 500GIG SSD and upped the RAM to 16 G, … but unless it’s a very very old computer, … it surely shouldn’t take more than the 6 to 8 hrs of bedtime.

Might have a shitload of detritus clogging it up? :thinking: How long since you’ve done a full re format?

My last Windows machine (pretty good specs) took 2 years before it slowed to a crawl on everything i did. Probably Win 7.

It’s not bedtime tho.
I wanted to hear some toons, but my new laptop wouldn’t have it so I had to update.
My last pos notebook couldn’t handle the memory of the update (got a full refund on that, though, so cool cool).
The ‘big’ computer took a while, too.

I don’t mind windows updates, but I really think one every two months would be better than once a year.

Not sure whether anyone has already listed this, but someone I spoke to today pronounced the word performance as “prerformance”, adding a superfluous “r” at the beginning. I didn’t realise how much that ■■■■■ me until today.

2 Likes

On a similar note - it annoys me that I hear myself pronouncing ‘Toyota’ as ‘Teyota’ very often.

Vuvuzelas or whatever they are called.

1 Like

What doesn’t annoy me.

Ive got an old Toshiba notebook, older than five years at least, that is still working well for tasks like using excel and word. But try and use the internet through wifi? No chance as it would take me a conservative 10-15 mins just to start up my computer and get to email with the hope of it not freezing.

The culprit is microsoft looking for updates and not actually downloading updates. Program doesn’t need to remain on the background chewing my memory up for half an hour - once there are no new updates and I haven’t chosen to install updates, just farking close. Instead I have to manually close it using the application manager. Planned obsolescence - you gotta love it.

When I was unemployed, I would use the public library wifi on my notebook and the slowness of my computer used to drive me farking nuts.

1 Like

Getting a parking fine for being in a permit zone for 10 minutes (fair cop, was trying a new fish and chip ship and didn’t even think to look at the sign when I parked across the road), but then days later being held up for about a kilometre while someone parked in a clearway, 45 minutes after the clearway started. Get to the car, no fine and and obviously not towed.

On top of that, the fish and chips weren’t that good.

3 Likes

Yeah I copped a red light fine to try food at a place I had never been to before. Meal cost me 415 dollars! Food wasnt bad but not that great either. Never been back lol.

Still annoyed with myself as I drive through that red light camera spot fairly regularly.

1 Like

i dont reckon they tow people anymore.

just place the fines and collect the revenue.

Im sure in the ‘old days’ the tow trucks would be the ones to come and take your car, didnt need to get a ticket first, then there was having to get it ot of the impound.

$415! Slaughters my $108 meal.

2 Likes

A friend said she used to see them lined up at 4.25pm in High Street around Armadale. Must admit I haven’t seen them around for a while, they used to be a fixture in Bridge Road.

Tow trucks are certainly lined up on kings way come clearway time.