What annoys you?

They do, but the towies all congregate to the hotspots cos their odds are better. Burwood road outside Swinburne at 3:55pm has about 5-6 normally!

Stickers on apples. I dont give a sh&t which farm this apple came from.

1 Like

Incompetent people in high positions in an organisation who carry an expectation that they should be respected despite an inability to provide thought leadership, execution and inspiration. And whose strength is only around politickingā€¦

7 Likes

So donā€™t.

Annoyance: how difficult it is to be fired in the public service.
Upside: How much ā– ā– ā– ā–  you can get on your manager, making yourself unfireable and therefore being able to do whatever the ā– ā– ā– ā–  you want.

1 Like

That upside is the downside of the public service and why it doesnā€™t have many friends who are not themselves public servants.

1 Like

People who let their kids run around and bother other people. Went for a game of mini golf this morning with my two boys, was harassed all the way around the course by someoneā€™s three year old TURD of a kid for about sixteen holes. Grabbing the ball, laying in front of the hole, smacking us as weā€™re taking a shot.

Massive sign up saying ā€˜NO ONE UNDER TWELVE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISIONā€™. Asked his parents twice to get him, twice they just yelled his name then went back to sitting at their table while kid run amok.

Deadset likes him up one putt thinking Iā€™d just drill him. Inconsiderate jerks.

2 Likes

You can thank America for that.

Its a known fact that you have to add a tip (IIRC its like 10% of fee/Bill) and that is for all hospitality and Taxi)

Last time I was in America we almost got run over by an angry cab driver because we refused to tip him due to his reckless driving.

If you refuse to tip barstaff, expect to be served later than others regardless of how long you waited.

Thing is, when we were in America, every restaurant, cafe, hotel we went to their service was nine hundred times better than in Aus so I had no problem tipping. They deserved it for sure.

Push the kid in a water area.

Or actually take the kid to the parents.

Fark that annoys me.

1 Like

I understand what youā€™re saying, but I think the phenomenon of idiots being promoted to middle management and kept there despite their ineptitude to save face for the people who promoted them is not restricted to the public service.

1 Like

Tipping in USA now expected to be 20% plus. In fact in most restaurant when you get the bill; it has 20%, 21% and 22% on the bill to ā€œassistā€ !

Now I do reckon service in USA is much better then here though.

Seeā€¦Iā€™d heard that.
And when I actually went there it was no more than ā€˜how you folks doing today?ā€™ and other annoying crap like that which I donā€™t want anyway.
Iā€™d pay 5% Not to have that.

Spot on. Serve no purpose except to annoy.

Geez. No wonder they serve better. Purchase+Tax+Tipā€¦

Yeah Wim, but Maccas is like that the World over.

2 Likes

Except when you talk to @mcdav and he calls you a c**t.

1 Like

I have never been to the U.S , so would the price of an average meal with the tip added be dearer or cheaper over there in comparison to here in Australia ? Let`s say you ordered a steak ,chips and salad . Would it cost more to have that meal here or the U.S ?

Much cheaper in the USA. How do you think the poor survive on their $5/hr minimum wages?

(Apart from not going to restaurants, of course.)

Food is ridiculously cheap, as is alcohol, portions are massive.

1 Like

Smokes, too.

1 Like