What annoys you?

the cheap food is usually pretty ■■■■ though. up market restaurants will still set you back.

one of the best meals ive ever had was a $75US steak, plus 20% tip, thats $90 US, which at the time was probably $110 Aussie.

it was unbelievable. no sides, sauces extra,

Work paid though

Lol first night we arrived in New Orleans, jet lagged, starving, wandered down to to bar on the corner, had a steak, cooked beautifully, two scotches … or maybe three… cost $28.

The next morning we wanted to try breakie at a diner… very cheap but virtually inedible. Ate at mid to high end restaurants throughout our trip including the magical Court of the Three Sisters… sublime and reasonably priced.

Went back to that bar on our last night because it was just so damn good.

1 Like

When was that? 1970?

One place in the US I did find fairly pricey was N’Awlins.

I did generally eat around Bourbon St and Rue Royale. Bonzerest tucker but!

LOL 2013

We were in New Orleans last December, had a great time but food was more expensive than Melbourne.

Good steak was $50, great steak much more. Even the local style food was not cheap and while there are bars in Frenchman Qrt that are well priced, most places are not.

And tips of 20% plus is the expectation.

Forced Acronyms that aRe jusT Stupid.

Yep order 1 main and you get enough to share with the a friend/partner. The portion size is nuts.

That we lost to Carlton and the Dogs. If we had won those two games we’d be on 7 wins and one game out of the top 4.

3 Likes

Places food down and walks away for 5 seconds, then comes back
“How is everything?”

Have. Not. Even. Picked. Up. My. Fork. Yet.

2 Likes

Can people not hear the farking awful compression and clipping in radio ads nowadays? FFS!!! It drives me farkin barmy. And that farking AWFUL THUDDING FAKE FARKIN HELICOPTOR TRAFFIC REPORT!!! WE KNOW YOU AREN"T REALLY IN A FARKIN HELICOPTER YOU FARKHEADS!!!

1 Like

The volume of adds on TEN Play. Wife and I watch HYBPA on Tuesdays cause ■■■■■■ stupid masterchef always runs 20 minutes late.

Anyway, so we sit down and watch, volume during the show is all good. Next minute, AN ADD STARTS THAT IS SOOOOO LOUD YOU CAN’T EVEN HEAR YOURSELF THINK!!! It’s like it’s up 20 notches on the TV. Drives me mental!!

People who argue with Trip

4 Likes

I don’t listen to commercial radio, but the helicopter thing sounds pretty funny

Welcome to the use of compression technology by mp3 fans

It’s annoying, but the reason they come back right after they delivered your food is to check that you got everything you ordered. Remember this next time you’re trying to flag down a waiter to tell them they forgot your whatever.

2 Likes

Ten play doesn’t even work on our TV, gets to the first adbreak and restarts the program

Agreed. Fixed that problem.

4 Likes

Good man.

1 Like

Good point. In Sydney once your food is in front of you that’s the end of the transaction. Want another drink? - F**K OFF. Just sit there and be happy you are allowed to eat in our restaurant.

1 Like

This doesn’t annoy me so much as leave me speechless.
Just saw a guy go to the counter at Krispy Kreme and ask, ‘What’s the healthiest donut you have?’

5 Likes