What annoys you?

Thanks pa

I don’t think Billy will ever vote ALP.

Not easy being a sole parent trying to jugggle work shifts around kinder times. They should get first preference.

I’m pretty sure single parents are also prioritised in child care/kinder placements

Edit: single parents are priority 2, after kids at risk of harm.

1 Like

Can you explain ‘kids at risk of harm’

Sole parents also get pretty good means tested subsidised care, but the problem lies with the high cost of out of hours care which limits capacity to work shifts and get penalty rates. Family Tax A and B allowances don’t compensate.

I asked Mrs Fox who has a number of victim of domestic violence as clients. She said these kids come from homes where domestic Violence, drug and alcohol abuse and criminal matters have been reported.

She says it is very much under-reported due to fear of victims being further abused.

Why are we not removing kids from that situation

That can also be a problem for families with both parents who shift work too

I sat in a magistrate court and heard about a young bloke on charges of breaking his partners cheekbone and breaking her arm. She was in court with a small child and very pregnant, sitting next to the smirking turd who had hit her. He had broken AV order and it was not his first offence. He was found guilty, fined $200 and given 50 hours community service. He skulked away with her and the child following, and all the Police could do is shrug their shoulders and wait for the next time.

There is little or no power for any authority to take away kids from parents unless they go through a court.

This was during the Bailleau Government time, and issues with our Courts are not confined to one Party or the other. And it arguable that a harsher sentence would change much. Victims and their kids in domestic violence need better support and need options in term of housing.

The Asian kid in the same court who got nabbed stealing a pair of shoes because he had none got 3 months jail.

1 Like

Geez we’ve royally ■■■■■■ things up

2 Likes

There are different levels of child protection orders. A friend of mine is under a supervision order - where they do home checks on the spot or at half an hours notice if she’s not home. They also check out child care reports. The ex is under an AVO, not allowed near the place. She is not the problem, in fact a great parent doing it tough, without any family here and without any financial support from the ex.
It seems the supervision order arose from a Family Court procedure when he spun a bunch of lies about her. I suppose the order was imposed from an abundance of caution.
I would not trust him alone with the child. At least the Family Court got that right, has to be under supervision at a special, secure location

No easy solution to all this.

Violence is a personality trait in many human beings and much of our entertainment media normalises violence. Stamping it out in our Community starts with all of us.

1 Like

It has probably been mentioned here but I get so angry seeing people using their phone whilst driving. It’s so dangerous. And my initial urge to ram them with my car is probably not an appropriate response either so thankfully I fight that.

2 Likes

Whenever you see it, take a quick photo and txt it to the police.

6 Likes

We were on the Western Ring Road the other day. A truckie was steering with his knees while on the phone and just had his other arm hanging out the window. Man I was angry.

I drive a 4wd and see maybe 20% of people using a phone while driving… sometimes on their lap.

People who think everything is some kind of UN driven conspiracy. Usually complain about “lefties” a lot and hold some other strange beliefs like certain Jewish banking families being the real driver of the agenda. Open borders are all part of it so the Muslims can walk into your country and kills you. Usually renewable energy is another enemy because of “wealth redistribution.” Apparently that’s bad because wealth is supposed to only flow towards FF multinationals.

3 Likes

Yes, like Gavin McInnes.

This annoyingly boorish lumbersexual hipster steaming pile of ■■■■ and his fanbois, we can do without.

1 Like

I googled this.
I shouldn’t have.

2 Likes