What annoys you?

Hmm, I bet their Directors all drive very flash cars.

Actually megz, I am very cynical about so-calleds “not-for-profit” organisations. I know a few in the welfare area, where executive salaries are mega high, and they get large tax perks.

1 Like

Tell me 'bout it.

Eh. I’m starting to think NFP is the worst of both worlds.

You’re self-employed and work alone from home don’t you?!

4 Likes

Perth Airport parking prices. $14 for half an hour! And the flight I’m meeting is delayed ffs…

Not self employed, but yes to the rest.

There is a sexual harassment policy I need to abide by. Always references two or more parties though so I should be right.

1 Like

Just took my boys to Maccas for a “treat” (they see it as a treat) but the order was wrong when I got it.
I go to Maccas maybe 6-8 times a year and I reckon the order is wrong nearly every time.
Seriously, how hard is it?

When most of your front of house staff is 8 and under, errors are bound to occur.

1 Like

I can accept mistakes. God knows I make enough of them but the consistency of getting the basics wrong annoys the hell out of me.
Probably doesn’t help that a trolley boy had just given me a gobfull when I politely asked him to move his trolleys so I could get out of my park. Apparently his ph was more important and in the spirit of Christmas I chose to bottle up my anger and not headbutt the little prick in front of my boys.

2 Likes

I really try my hardest to not judge parents for the way they raise their children. Everyone has their own different beliefs and priorities. Plus let’s face it, we are winging it at the best of times.

But I’m really struggling with this. I’d be interested to see in the long term if your kids are thankful for you protecting them from the evil red suited voyeur or resent you for depriving them of one of the major joys of our childhood.

7 Likes

People without ambulance cover.
A big bill is not something you want to be trying to sort out when you’re dealing with very, very real ■■■■.

All of you reading this, just do it.

2 Likes

Heh - I’m covered in my insurance, but I still pay the monthly fee they send me - cause I’m a nice guy :slight_smile:

Our insurance covers us for 1 emergency journey per year so it’s easier just to be AV members too.

And if you have Private Health,… even just Extras, … some Funds will refund your Ambo Sub. all of it.

I was amazed at that too, … I’m with LaTrobe FTR.

Some funds will dodge out of it, too. Pay for the ambulance, but not for the MICA car. Amazing.

At least they didnt tell you they’d run out of chicken.

The following is all true.

We’ve got a new mega one down here with 2 drive throughs, playground you can see from space etc, which provided me with the most impressive fast food drive way experience of my life to date. Every post was a winner.

i entered the drive through of said premises and ordered probably the most basic meal at any maccas establishment any where in the world, a medium Big Mac meal, but with a coffee also. they got the order wrong at the screen bit, showed it on the screen, fixed the order up, showed it again but for a split second so I couldn’t check it as asked. After that split second they asked again if there was anything else I wanted.

It gets better

I got to the pay window and i was asked if this was my order and it turned out to be the guy in front of me who was in the process of pulling over to wait for it to get made. There didn’t appear to be a waiting bay set up either. Then they got mine right, charged me correctly and instructed me to go straight to the coffee bit, number 4. I had ordered coffee but also a meal so I had the sense to pull up at three. Got the bag, opened it and said do you want me to run it over to the guy who’d pulled over while you get mine right or can you handle it yourself.

Waited 2 minutes and got the correct order and actually got the right coffee at the end. Then I had to wait while the builders demolishing the old maccas moved from having smoko in the middle of the new driveway.

At least it has a well run mcafe. Compared to the rest of the process line. And the worse bit was all the people in the background where doing the casual talk thing about what happened on the weekend and who’s turn it was to bat off in the special sauce or whatever, completely oblivious to the comedy going on in the drive through. Like they do I’m hungry jacks or whatever. And the shift manager was a pimply teenager who clearly had no control over any aspect, and as much respect as you’d afford a pimply teenager who was in charge.

And yes I know it’s eeriely similar to the weird al sing but it’s 100 pc tue, apart from the emptying the ballast into the mix. I thought it tasted a bit salty come to think of it.

Can any of you beat that.

What are you people expecting when you go to maccas?

1 Like

But this is the thing, in tassie they usually run like clockwork, so you take it for granted, any screw up stands out. Saying that I’ve never been to one on the other island

Only good thing about macca’s is that you probably won’t get food poisining, unlike a number of shithouse filthy restaurants that are around.

1 Like

especially if you throw it out, rather than eating it, because it’s awful inedible ■■■■■.

2 Likes