What annoys you?

Haven’t been there… “Spice Temple” sounds like what Shirley would have been called if she joined the Spice Girls. Special Christmas time Dad joke there.

But have had special banquets in several cities in China, where each has its own distinctive cuisine. All exquisite.

2 Likes

Luxuriant mop.

1 Like

News reporters massive, repetitive, overuse of the word “now” to start their sentences.

getting rostered on for the last Friday night of the year and nobody shows up.

Clowns driving way under the speed limit.

Leaving Port Fairy this morning by the golf course road, it’s 50kmh, then 80kmh then 100kmh.

Clown at the front of the procession is doing 30-35 in the 50, and I thought, oh well, it’s built up and 50, then we go to 80 and he doesn’t increase his speed, and buggered if i’m waiting for the limit to go to 100.

Probably of the same persuasion as so many others who make driving down the coast a little problematic, but everyone was overtaking too quickly to check.

1 Like

People who decide to put their blinker on when already halfway into a roundabout. :rage:

This has happened so many times in the last 6 months, am beginning to think they have changed a road law without me hearing/knowing about it.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Miss Ellie.
What goes around, comes around :slight_smile:

Alternate ending:
Don’t worry, Miss Ellie.
You’ll win on the swings.

1 Like

If I’m in the van I just drove straight through and make them wait. Then they have a stunned look on their face.

If people were more courteous on the roads then there probably wouldn’t be so many road rage incidents. Why don’t people wave thank you when you let them in? Or why do people, in a tight street, when you let one car through see the need to speed up and hope you let them through as well even though they were 50m away?

3 Likes

:grinning::grinning:

Because they’re people, … and people are carnts.

:smirk:

3 Likes

It’s so different in a lot of European countries - particularly the Mediterranean ones. People whiz in and out everywhere, out of side streets into mains, triple-park, go through one-way streets, motorbikes have no lane, etc - and I haven’t seen any road rage or horn-beeping. It’s the ‘way’. Here people speed up if you want to merge, out of spite. They’ll blare the horn at you if you screw up. Generally, people here are fucktards who are obsessed with one-upmanship and who will get to the next set of lights a second before the other.

6 Likes

Absolutely spot on. In Europe I found that it is expected that you let someone in and in return they won’t sit in front of you doing 20km/h under.

Driving on the freeways in Italy, everyone there kept to the right (slow lane) and the left was solely for overtaking or for those who want to do 150 clicks. At no stage did I see someone sitting in the left lane doing 90 in a 100 zone.

2 Likes

Could somebody please put Deckham on warning? This is the second time he’s tried to hijack a thread with a terrible pun. :joy:

1 Like

…intentionally to try and keep you at a certain speed because they are the SPEED COPS

2 Likes

That’s pretty hurtful.
I was particularly proud of my efforts there.

2 Likes

And I always looooove the look you generally get with this (unless they are completely oblivious to anything & everything around them which is true of some) when you have to merge left to get around them and then cut back right quickly to beat the gap from the slower moving cars actually doing the right thing.

It’s like you are doing the wrong thing and inconveniencing them.

I was impressed by “second time”. Must mean second time today.

1 Like

Yep.
The classic one is you put your indicator on to get into the right lane, and schumacher behind you pulls out and puts the foot down before you even get to look at the mirror, let alone make the lanechange

3 Likes

No horn beeping in Italy, huh ? Must have changed a great deal from my last visit.

3 Likes

The AFL media. Having lived and worked overseas makes you realise just how poor the coverage is here. It was magnified recently with the draft where ‘kids’ were providing much of the analysis and insight. Some of the commentators are at a level where they get the names mixed up, or lack depth of understanding around players which is just ■■■■■■ cringeworthy. Then of course there was the coverage of the saga…

1 Like