What annoys you?

Hey, he may well be, and I’d give anyone a chance, but I sincerely doubt he’d be my cup of bevvy in person.

I of course loved him when he was playing, but I just seriously cannot handle him as a commentator. Fcker could talk under wet cement.
Realised it’s the same thing I can’t handle about Luke Darcy, … they both talk way too much, and way too fast.

Say less, . speak slower and calmer. It;s not a word count race

As the mantra goes, Less is more, and way more enjoyable when you’re relaxing watching the Cricket IMHO.

2 Likes

Might have calmed down a bit, … but he oh so definitely was in his first few years on Nine.

You do realise he’s being paid to do talk?

Must be per fkn word. :smirk:

Wish he’d just stfu about 80% more of the time.

2 Likes

Yep. You could say that about most people…

1 Like

Except for us laconic types.

1 Like

There’s a Sanity in Warrnambool. Prices aren’t too bad.

I think Sanity pretty much only exists in the regional centres where JB can’t be bothered.

The only other places are KMart and Target which have extremely limited ranges.

Reading Shane’s ‘No Spin’. He tells a good yarn and there’s no false modesty anywhere in it. He knows he was good but I don’t reckon he’s overly figjam. I reckon he’s great to listen to on the box.

1 Like

Ditto. He’s very good on Foxtel.

2 Likes

Unlistenable. Never stops yabbering.

Completely ruins any game of Cricket he commentates. endlessly yabbers over.

2 Likes

People (okay, let’s be honest…it’s always women) who put an i on the end of you.
‘How are youi?’
‘Um, disconcerted.’

Never heard anyone outside an insurance ad speak like that.

3 Likes

Can’t say I’ve ever heard it.

One thing I noticed when i came down here was the almost universal use by young women of “no worries” instead of expressions like “you’re welcome”.

Then I returned to Melbourne and realised it’s not just young country girls…it’s city girls and young women.

I use both, but ‘you’re welcome’ does feel very U.S.

1 Like

I go full Oz and run with “no wuckers”

2 Likes

It is very US, and doesn’t have anywhere near the range of application as ‘no worries’.

1 Like

On those new Youi ads, is it just me or is the ‘cheaper premium’ still seem outrageously expensive?

Running an ad on Seek.
I understand that confidence is important.
Just don’t keep ■■■■■■■ telling me what a ‘wealth of experience and professionalism’ you’re bringing to my company. I’ll decide that.

1 Like

Well that’s my application shot.
I’ve got none of the skills you need, but I’m as confident as all fark.

2 Likes