What annoys you?

Things getting heated here. People complaining there will be a five hour wait. Staff not helping saying they missed breaks. People not helping saying they’ll drop dead. Staff not helping saying that’s better here then at home.

1 Like

In!

There’s a lot of ambulances here…

Holy moley.

5 Likes

You can wait in emergency for long periods in Hong Kong. My record is 6hrs and 30m.

Got screwed around once when our kid was sick. So next kids incident, was a small face laceration which ■■■■■■ blood everywhere, probably needed a simple closure but we wanted to check for concussion.

I carry the kid in his entire face covered in blood, apparently coming out of his ears where it had pooled, kept him in his blood soaked clothes. With a dr in 15 minutes.

Unfortunately you have to be more dramatic than the little old ladies clutching at their chest.

I’ve been to emergency once. The old Moorabbin Hospital in Centre Rd ( part of Monash now and no emergency department). I was waiting for about 15 seconds.

Noticeable signs of an allergic reaction (to aspirin). Into a room for intravenous anti-histamine.

Probably 30 years ago.

What about people who live near hospitals.

Call an ambulance, get driven to the hospital. Get out and just wander home without paying for the ambulance, and not having to wait to see a De

Amazingly busy.

Seeing a prof.

Ambulance patients in the isles.

Least diagnosis is looking good.

5 Likes

I’m happy to be home.

Me too.

4 Likes

You’re better off getting sick at around 3am. Less waiting then.

Nope.
8:30am-ish.
We have less doctors on at 3am, and we’re still working through the backlog of the night.
Mondays are busiest.
Friday and Saturday nights are obviously messiest.
Oh, and don’t break a bone on a Saturday afternoon in footy season.

Private hospital “EDs” make half their money for the year in Saturday arvos in footy/netty season.

I’ve had to take people sometimes at 3am, so it’s been the best personally… lol… 10:30am was surprisingly busy too, so next time I’ll aim for 8:30am. Thanks!

Oh, and very much agree with the Sat arvo during footy season thing. sheesh!!!

Legitimate way to go if you don’t want to wait.

Also, the other thing about 3am is ain’t nobody leaving.
Can’t send Nanna home at 3am.

1 Like

Absolutely.
They have a zillion radiologists and orthos on.

Only go to a public hospital if you’re actually sick.

I excel in customer service and satisfaction and have high standards of professional conduct.
I strongly believe that I’m the most suitable and qualified person for the role.

fmd

2 Likes

Narcissistic much, geez.

I am literally the best employee in the whole world!

Meh.

Recruitment is all about the meaningless platitudes. Everyone sounds like a wanker on paper.

4 Likes

Know your audience, reach your audience.

1 Like