What does Bomba mean to you..........let him know!

Rather than getting too caught up at the moment with who should be the coach going forward, it seems to me the time is right for us to personally let Bomba know just what he means to us and what we see he has done for our much loved Club.

I won’t go into details as I pen my letter to him other than to say I believe history will show that in 2014, Mark Bomba Thompson stepped into not only the role of coach but also the positive face of EFC and his actions words and passion with players, supporters and the media have possibly saved our Club from decades of oblivion and created another level of focus that have all associated with the Club seeing ultimate success in the near future.

If Bomba had not been around I believe this Club’s future would be looking decidedly dismissal.

Bomba, I salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your massive contribution to this Club and if I needed someone beside me in the trenches you would certainly be top of my list.

PS Happy Father’s Day

Rather than getting too caught up at the moment with who should be the coach going forward, it seems to me the time is right for us to personally let Bomba know just what he means to us and what we see he has done for our much loved Club.
I won't go into details as I pen my letter to him other than to say I believe history will show that in 2014, Mark Bomba Thompson stepped into not only the role of coach but also the positive face of EFC and his actions words and passion with players, supporters and the media have possibly saved our Club from decades of oblivion and created another level of focus that have all associated with the Club seeing ultimate success in the near future.
If Bomba had not been around I believe this Club's future would be looking decidedly dismissal.
Bomba, I salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your massive contribution to this Club and if I needed someone beside me in the trenches you would certainly be top of my list.
PS Happy Father's Day

Excuse my ignorance....what is the best way to pass on our thanks to him? Via club??

He has done everything right by the development of our players, not just their skills but their attitude, their mental application. He’s taken their minds off the other dramas and instilled what it takes to be a ruthless and professional playing unit going forward. It hasn’t all clicked yet, but he’s done his part in droves. Invaluable, would love it if he stayed.

I’m sure it is and I’m trying to get an email address for him.

Mods. Are we allowed to post email addresses here?

Not enough sprays for my liking. Too positive at times. Definitely a players coach.

Well, he has been outstanding IMO. The fact he didn’t allow any ASADA talk between him and the players just shows the amount of integrity and honor the man truly has.

Yes, he seems cool and relaxed at most times, but I believe he does ‘whatever it takes’ behind the scenes to ensure the players are ready and confident for the match.

Has provided the members and supporters a real openness into the club with the training sessions and post-game videos to members.

I really hope he can stay for 2015 in some capacity. We’ve improved this year (even if slightly), and is a key component for more improvement.

Bomber I love you

He won’t leave

Agree - he has certainly been a positive distraction for the players and has stepped in at an extremely difficult time for the club....

Well done Bomba - thanks!  You are a class act.....hope that the building blocks you have put in place will hold us in good stead moving forward!

I let him know in another thread. The thread was called Bomba Thompson, or something like that. 

Lets hope we can wipe the slate clean with this asada crap in the next few weeks and I'm  sure the future is bright foe the EFC with bomba and hirdy together we will be a top four team next year, cheers guys and lets concentrate on recruiting for the 2015 season 

Just a question…IF Bomber pulls the pin, who’s gonna hook into the Rol’d noodles every week??

We absolutely have to retain Bomba in some coaching/mentoring capacity in the Club. He is dedicated and as close to the team as anybody else can and have been thru the very difficult past 18 months. The video footage showing him wiping his eyes after the lost yesterday atest to that.

So please stay, BOMBA. Eassendon absolutely needs you.

I’ve loved his post match review. I’ve been filthy after some games and his positive spin improves my mood 10 fold. He’s quirky as fark but a deadset genius.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2014-09-07/btv-elim-final-2014-from-the-coaches

4 absolutely gutted coaches in this video.   

Thanks to Bomber and his coaching team,  for the effort,  for the persistence for the inspiration.

Now its over to Adrian Dodoro,  to work some magic over the draft and trade period.

I am hoping to see Bomber at Essendon in future years ,  I personally believe he loves the club and wants to be there 

and I dont believe its about ego,  being the boss or whatever.  He has been there and done that.  

His nickname is Bomber.

Its a name that fits.

Love the bloke. I wish he was staying on as senior coach. Not because I dont want hird back, I just believe bomber is the right man for the job. Hell, hes one of the best coaches (if not the best) going around. He’s great in the media. Everyone loves him, essendon or not. He’s good for the club

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2014-09-07/btv-elim-final-2014-from-the-coaches

Thanks to Bomber and his coaching team,  for the effort,  for the persistence for the inspiration.

Now its over to Adrian Dodoro,  to work some magic over the draft and trade period.

I am hoping to see Bomber at Essendon in future years ,  I personally believe he loves the club and wants to be there 
and I dont believe its about ego,  being the boss or whatever.  He has been there and done that.  
His nickname is Bomber.
Its a name that fits.

Bassett looked like he was about to burst into tears at any moment.
The fact the coaches are hurting as much as the players is surely the sign of a great club.

Love the bloke. I wish he was staying on as senior coach. Not because I dont want hird back, I just believe bomber is the right man for the job. Hell, hes one of the best coaches (if not the best) going around. He's great in the media. Everyone loves him, essendon or not. He's good for the club

Totally agree. It would be good for Hird to work with him for a couple of years as the senior assistant and then for Hird to step back into the main job in a couple of years.
I reckon it would be a massive PR boost as well, because if Hird was the one to put his hand up and suggest this, then it immediately ends the “Hird making it all about himself” media line for good.

His nickname is Bomber.
Its a name that fits.

Bassett looked like he was about to burst into tears at any moment.
The fact the coaches are hurting as much as the players is surely the sign of a great club.

Not only lost a final we should have won, but lost a senior coach they will have learned a lot from and I expect respect a lot.

Thank you bomber, not only for being a great coach and developing the club, but for taking on this role even though it was for only a year, with all of the pressure that comes with being a senior coach and all of the extra pressure that comes from being the senior coach at Essendon in recent times. You've done some great things with the players and the side and I hope you can stay involved and we have some success in the future for all of you.

[email protected]