What Our "Exodus" looks like

Isn't Kelly a delisted FA? Meaning we can get him whenever we want?
I thought Kelly had been offered a position in 2017 with the AFL.

CONSPIRACY

Double agent!!!

Does Steinberg count as part of the exodus?
No, why would he? He got cut.

Did we offer NO’B a top-up position? If so, you could perhaps argue he exodused.

Monfries is underrated.

You sure about Kelly?

Yes

Yes, because he is going to refuse to re-sign and will nominate for the draft, hopefully for him to be picked up by any club other than Essendon.

Not what I’ve heard. I’ve been told he’s loving being at the bombers.

Are people actually talking about Kelly staying at EFC? lol

Not an exodus but we have lost some good players lately:

Monfries
Crameri
Ryder
Carlisle
Melksham

Are all pretty handy.

Those 2 were ordinary footballers anyway.

Ordinary footballers don’t play 150 and 114 games with a club. Ordinary posters on the other hand…

They do when the club has been ordinary.

Are people actually talking about Kelly staying at EFC? lol

as a coach… or we were a month ago.

James Kelly should be employed as a social media coach for the team, if nothing else. Comes up with some decent posts on twitter.

Honestly I know he said he is done, and we couldn’t just keep him on the list anyway but gee I would like to pick him up via the draft for 1 more year

I have liked Kelly this year. Uses it well, tackles and has a dig. We’d be in a worse position without him.

Honestly I know he said he is done, and we couldn't just keep him on the list anyway but gee I would like to pick him up via the draft for 1 more year

I do believe he is in better form than some of our other older players. Only 5 weeks in, but absolutely you’d pick him over some of the other blokes at this stage.

Does Steinberg count as part of the exodus?
No, why would he? He got cut.

Did we offer NO’B a top-up position? If so, you could perhaps argue he exodused.

Looks like I was too subtle - the Biblical innuendo maybe too obscure.

Is there any way we can pick him up for next year?

Sorry, I just noticed it’s still trendy to ask this question.

You never know but he may feel like playing another year. No other club will draft him at his age. If he’s keen and we want him he’s ours

Monfries (pre saga in cap to get Goddard)
Crameri (man love for McCartney, not saga related)
Ryder (funded by the AFL)
Carlisle (wanted him gone anyway)
Melksham (didn’t want to pay market rates for him)

Are all pretty handy.

Ryder is the only real saga related exodus and that was orchestrated and funded by the AFL.

Monfries
Crameri
Ryder
Carlisle
Melksham

Are all pretty handy.

Ordinary footballers don’t play 150 and 114 games with a club. Ordinary posters on the other hand…
Sure they do, it happens quite often. Especially in an era with more teams. This isn't a comment on those players per se, just that the argument "they played X games so they can't be rubbish/ordinary/just alright/whatever" isn't a good one (a close cousin of "how many AFL games have you played?"). In terms of football in general sure most AFL players who play that many would be quite good at lower levels, but plenty of guys who play 100+ AFL games are mediocre at AFL level.

What our Exodus looks like …

The direct opposite of one … INFLUXODUS.

Shaun Grigg is approaching AFL life membership

QED

Monfries
Crameri
Ryder
Carlisle
Melksham

Are all pretty handy.

I think ordinary as in good ordinary players. They were certainly not extraordinary!