What should we get with our picks?

I really like Scrimshaw and Gallucci.

Scrimshaw will be gone by 20 though?? Gallucci a chance I hope.

Some late mail I heard is that North are keen on Gallucci at their first pick

It’s this kind of thing that will mean someone unexpected rated much higher is going to get to us at 20.

It’s this kind of thing that will mean someone unexpected rated much higher is going to get to us at 20.

That's unless we rate someone top 10 that is rated by media as someone 30 onwards. Pick 20 is a massive unknown and I wouldn't be suprised if who we get at 29 is rated higher than the guy we picked at 20 haha

Gallucci butchers the ball

“He’s not as penetrating a kick as he’d like to be at times, but at other times on the run he gets great depth with his kicking,” Sheehan says.

“That’s an area he’ll improve on in the AFL environment. Chris Judd, they say they weren’t so sure about his kicking, but it’s different when you go into a full time environment. Things get corrected very quickly"

Funnily enough, Chris Judd was actually a fairly average kick for a large part of his playing career. Especially post WC.

“He’s not as penetrating a kick as he’d like to be at times, but at other times on the run he gets great depth with his kicking,” Sheehan says.

“That’s an area he’ll improve on in the AFL environment. Chris Judd, they say they weren’t so sure about his kicking, but it’s different when you go into a full time environment. Things get corrected very quickly"

Gallucci in general is a good kick, has an occasional ■■■■ kick but then will thread the needle on the boundary he is an enigma. Awesome speed and balance with high work ethic and leadership not hard to see why he is rated highly. Also Venables and Marshall havnt been invited to the draft which means they are a very good chance of sliding to pick 20

Well they need class and speed in the middle.

Well they need class and speed in the middle.

Would have thought Simpkin or Florent would be perfect for them

Gallucci in general is a good kick, has an occasional ■■■■ kick but then will thread the needle on the boundary he is an enigma. Awesome speed and balance with high work ethic and leadership not hard to see why he is rated highly. Also Venables and Marshall havnt been invited to the draft which means they are a very good chance of sliding to pick 20

I have heard Marshall to us at 20 could be possible but then do we need X

Funnily enough, Chris Judd was actually a fairly average kick for a large part of his playing career. Especially post WC.
But he was an elite chicken wing!

I have heard Marshall to us at 20 could be possible but then do we need X

Would still like a quality up and coming forward, Marshall has way more upside than Richards. Also Gallucci has been invited to the draft so I think I’m not far off the money with Gallucci going to North

Gallucci invited to draft. Marshall and Venables miss out.

One thing that I will say about McGrath which is really important, is that he will have no problem transitioning to the elite training and diet standards that are required at AFL level.

He is already practicing those standards.

Cadel Evans gave a fascinating insight into those juniors in cycling that were more talented than him and would win most of the races at that time.

Cadel, whilst not as talented, had to accept that he had to train harder and smarter in order to win, let alone compete.

What he said happened is, as they came through together, many of the naturally gifted riders dropped off because they didn’t have the discipline/work ethic required to match it with ‘the big boys’.

Cadel was able to transition into the senior competitions, and the rest is history.

So this idea that McGrath has hit his ceiling, yet McLugg has more upside, is perhaps not being viewed from all angles.

What if McLuggage IS getting by on raw talent. What if he IS more gifted than McGrath?

But what if, under the strict regime that’s required by an AFL player, he finds that he’s unable to find the required work ethic to get to the elite fitness levels?

Makes alot of sense now why there are so many busts from star juniors that seemed to have it all.

Food for thought anyway.

In general I hear what you are saying, but do you really look at McCluggage and see a guy at high risk of having work ethic issues?

I do agree though that McGrath will transition into AFL training easily.

In general I hear what you are saying, but do you really look at McCluggage and see a guy at high risk of having work ethic issues?

I do agree though that McGrath will transition into AFL training easily.

Not at all.

It’s more the idea that we just accept that he will have the desire to work towards reaching the very top fitness levels A grade midfielders have.

We can’t tell either way TBH, and I guess that is the great unknown, and why character comes into play.

Injury-hit draft hopes face special medical tests

LIKELY first-round picks Will Brodie and Jy Simpkin are among a group of prospects to undergo another round of medical assessments from clubs next week ahead of the NAB AFL Draft.

Clubs will get a final look at the fitness of about 15 players who have been asked to present at AFL House next Wednesday for the extra medical check.

Brodie missed last month’s NAB AFL Draft Combine with a sore ankle after managing the injury towards the end of the season, while Simpkin’s draft year was all but wiped out when he broke his leg in April.

Possible top-20 pick Alex Witherden will also attend after being sidelined by a broken leg since May, while Daniel Venables’ foot injury late in the season has seen some clubs ask for him to attend to get an update.

Gold Coast academy prospect Brad Scheer was ruled out of testing at the national combine with a heel injury, so will also attend next week’s medical day.

“It’s an opportunity for clubs to get an update on players who have missed substantial periods of the year through injury,” AFL’s talent development manager Michael Ablett said.

Each club is permitted four officials in the room to observe the day, with recruiters also able to follow the testing process.

Another group of prospects who didn’t compete at the combine will also complete additional fitness testing under AFL supervision in the next week after clubs requested further data for their consideration.

The further medical and fitness testing will offer the clubs more information as they make their final call on prospects in the lead-up to November 25.

Hamish Brayshaw, Josh Daicos, Luke Ryan and Josh Daicos were other prospects who missed the national combine through injury.

Interesting no Clugga

LIKELY first-round picks Will Brodie and Jy Simpkin are among a group of prospects to undergo another round of medical assessments from clubs next week ahead of the NAB AFL Draft.

Clubs will get a final look at the fitness of about 15 players who have been asked to present at AFL House next Wednesday for the extra medical check.

Brodie missed last month’s NAB AFL Draft Combine with a sore ankle after managing the injury towards the end of the season, while Simpkin’s draft year was all but wiped out when he broke his leg in April.

Possible top-20 pick Alex Witherden will also attend after being sidelined by a broken leg since May, while Daniel Venables’ foot injury late in the season has seen some clubs ask for him to attend to get an update.

Gold Coast academy prospect Brad Scheer was ruled out of testing at the national combine with a heel injury, so will also attend next week’s medical day.

“It’s an opportunity for clubs to get an update on players who have missed substantial periods of the year through injury,” AFL’s talent development manager Michael Ablett said.

Each club is permitted four officials in the room to observe the day, with recruiters also able to follow the testing process.

Another group of prospects who didn’t compete at the combine will also complete additional fitness testing under AFL supervision in the next week after clubs requested further data for their consideration.

The further medical and fitness testing will offer the clubs more information as they make their final call on prospects in the lead-up to November 25.

Hamish Brayshaw, Josh Daicos, Luke Ryan and Josh Daicos were other prospects who missed the national combine through injury.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-10/injuryhit-draft-prospects-face-special-medical-assessment-from-clubs

I think most of them can do a pre-season I think it’s a way for clubs to judge how much pre-season they can do or when they can start

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-10/injuryhit-draft-prospects-face-special-medical-assessment-from-clubs

I think most of them can do a pre-season I think it’s a way for clubs to judge how much pre-season they can do or when they can start

Or if they will taken them.

Any chance Brodie keeps dropping?

Or if they will taken them.

Any chance Brodie keeps dropping?

I’ve heard carlton wants SPS

Maybe falls through to someone in the teens