What should we get with our picks?

Really don't want Marshall. I've seen a few of his games, lacks effort and reminds me on Liam jones.

Marshall at 20 is a great get. I rate him higher than Harry McKay who was a top 10 pick.

Completely disagree. You’d take Harry McKay in a heart beat ahead of Marshall. Marshall over Ben McKay maybe.

I’ve preferred what I’ve seen of Sproule to Marshall. Seems more versatile, good attack on the ball, and would probably be cheaper.

No again. You hear some weird ideas keep resurfacing...usually from the same 4 or 5 people.

It was just an idea as some 4 or 5 people have no love for Battle.

Yes, but they’ll be dodging the draft anyway.

No again. You hear some weird ideas keep resurfacing...usually from the same 4 or 5 people.

It was just an idea as some 4 or 5 people have no love for Battle.

Yes, but they’ll be dodging the draft anyway.

Leave it out…these people are conscientious.

Pick 1: Hugh McCluggage (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 20: Jarrod Berry (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 29: William Drew (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 41: Cedric Cox (North Ballarat Rebels)
There's some sort of a pattern there but I'm not quite sure what it is.

Seems a bit racist but is their skin colour getting darker?

Here is Knightmares updated phantom draft.

Brodie at 14 and no bid for Setterfield until 15, i find both extremely unlikely.

Brodie at 14 and no bid for Setterfield until 15, i find both extremely unlikely.

Does anybody go back and actually look at how accurate any of these phantom draft ‘experts’ ended up being?

Does anybody go back and actually look at how accurate any of these phantom draft ‘experts’ ended up being?

The ones released on draft day by the likes of Cal Twomey and Emma Quayle are extremely accurate (top 20) but most of the others you see are really speculative and often a fair way off.

Think you’ve misread the article regarding the no bid on Setterfeild. He actually isn’t processing in any bids calculations in this phantom, just allocating the picks that academy clubs would need to use the points in for certain players. Hence by putting him at pick 15 (which is GWS current selection) that they will have to use the points from this pick to match any earlier bid. As he mentions could come as early as pick 4 from Gold Coast. Mentions Perryman could go early teens. Scheer early second round.

Do not like our pick 20 yuck would rather withers

Do not like our pick 20 yuck would rather withers
Nah would love Gallucci, incredible pace and versatility. Proven goalkicker and when he is on his best is right up there with the top 10
Really don't want Marshall. I've seen a few of his games, lacks effort and reminds me on Liam jones.

Marshall at 20 is a great get. I rate him higher than Harry McKay who was a top 10 pick.

Completely disagree. You’d take Harry McKay in a heart beat ahead of Marshall. Marshall over Ben McKay maybe.

I’ve preferred what I’ve seen of Sproule to Marshall. Seems more versatile, good attack on the ball, and would probably be cheaper.

Marshall’s got as high a ceiling as I’ve seen in a kpf for a long time, but he’s very raw. Every so often he’ll turn it on for a qtr and you’ll say ‘holy crap’ cos it looks like he has it all, but he has a lot of development to do. Gets lost at times on the field, doesn’t really have th nous to work his way into a game when he’s been quiet, his set shot action is so casual it’s kinda unsettling, and his upper body has all the muscular development of a drinking straw. But he’s got incredibly clean hands below his knees, pace, leap, change of direction, and can crash a pack. Good instincts when he doesn’t stop to think. Clubs will back in their development program with him.

Sproule shapes as a much lower pick to me. Has been in the GWS Academy for years so is a long way more advanced development-wise. He’s a competent, hard-working, hard-running kpp with good size and who can play either end - though I think he’s a better backman. I don’t think he has the upside or wow factor, that thing that says ‘this kid could be a star because he does X really really well’ He’s a handy rebounding backman, though less so when he has to mind the #1 forward. He intercept marks well, but again, I’ve seen him do this best when he’s free to roam a bit because Garthwaite or someone has been taking the opposing #1 forward - he hasn’t really shown the instinct for when to zone off that the very best have, at least not while I’ve seen him. He can kick a goal, though he’s not an imposing fwd presence. I like his defensive running up forward. But as a candidate for the next level up? Hmmm.

Pick 1: Hugh McCluggage (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 20: Jarrod Berry (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 29: William Drew (North Ballarat Rebels) Pick 41: Cedric Cox (North Ballarat Rebels)

I’d be surprised if we pick Drew. Disposal has a tendency to be rushed and scrappy under pressure, and we just don’t pick midfield guys with that particular weakness these days.

I’d be surprised if we pick Drew. Disposal has a tendency to be rushed and scrappy under pressure, and we just don’t pick midfield guys with that particular weakness these days.

How’s Gallucci in that regard? I had an idea he was a bit of a ball butcher.

He’s not my favourite. His kicking can be a mixed bag. When he’s good he’s very good, but is very often unreliable.

He’s not my favourite. His kicking can be a mixed bag. When he’s good he’s very good, but is very often unreliable.

Couldn’t agree more with all of your above comments!

This is why i don’t get how people think he is a top 15 pick he is putrid. Especially with withers there could use him at halfback

This is why i don’t get how people think he is a top 15 pick he is putrid. Especially with withers there could use him at halfback

I have him at about 20, but obviously would be more excited by a slider.

I haven’t seen anything of Witherden myself, but if we went with Gallucci while Scharenberg is still on the board I’d be scratching my head pretty hard.

I haven’t seen anything of Witherden myself, but if we went with Gallucci while Scharenberg is still on the board I’d be scratching my head pretty hard.

Scharenberg? He is a 45+ prospect for mine.