What should we get with our picks?

English at 20

A bit of a hypothetical...

If on draft night, Todd Marshall or Tim English, for some reason slide to pick 20, do you take them?

I don’t think I would, as I’m not convinced on either long term, but obviously I know stuff all and could easily be convinced that the upside on either is worth it ( and people seem to rate their potential, so there must be something there)

I think for sure there could be some sliders especially if gc start bidding early on setterfield Perryman etc

English we should definitely take at 20 if he’s still there, at present the only developing ruck is gach. Marshall… Meh. If next year draft is good for kps then no, go for a mid at that pick

If on draft night, Todd Marshall or Tim English, for some reason slide to pick 20, do you take them?

How on EARTH would English last till 20?

Hence it being a hypothetical.

Same was said about Brodie Grundy being a monty for top 10. Some had him right up the pointy end and he ultimately didn’t go until 18.

Agree, he likely goes 7-12 but strange things happen sometimes when it comes to how clubs rate talls; ruckmen in particular.

Opinions of their importance vary. As do opinions on whether it isn’t better getting a ruckman to your club after 4 or 5 years of development at another club. Or if you get one through the draft perhaps it is best to do so later on, outside the first round.

As I said, just a hypothetical to provoke opinion on wants vs needs and being flexible in one’s thinking on draft night.

Someone drops every single year…sometimes right out of the draft.

Club recruiters know nothing…they should be reading the Drafts and Trading thread on BigFooty.

English yes and Marshall no.

Someone drops every single year…sometimes right out of the draft.

Club recruiters know nothing…they should be reading the Drafts and Trading thread on BigFooty.

Richmond would wish that was the case, they would have had Pavlich, Franklin, Heppell and Cripps, instead they got Foley, Tambling, Conca and Lennon.

Isn’t next year’s draft good for talls anyway?

Would like to see us bid on Sproule with our 3rd pick. Looks talented and can be a key position player at both ends.

Isn't next year's draft good for talls anyway?
It's ■■■■ loads better than this year for talls.

Mc#1age
Shai Bolton
Cedric Cox
Little Willie, previously known as Big Willie

Gallucci would be a great get.

I liked him earlier in the season but the more I saw of him the more I realised he butchers it by foot too often.

Reminds me a lot of young Colyers kicking. Trav improved out of sight though.

Gallucci would be a great get.

I liked him earlier in the season but the more I saw of him the more I realised he butchers it by foot too often.

Reminds me a lot of young Colyers kicking. Trav improved out of sight though.

Kicked one of the best goals you will see in the TAC finals, much like Stevie Js goal this year when he threaded the needle on the boundary with a drop punt on the run.

1 McClugg
20 Berry/Simpkin/Florent
29 Benfti special - Rioli/Cox
41 Benfti special - Long
68 Hepp/Nash

Won’t be upset if we get McGrath over McClugg.

Isn't next year's draft good for talls anyway?

My long-term observations of draft seasons is that “next year’s” draft is always said to be better for the type of players we need in the current year.

Until we get there, then it is said to be shallow for them.

So, to summarise, I think what I’ve learnt from the combined Blitz wisdom is:

1. Mc…
  2. Darren Bewick
  3. The first rounder who slips down the list
  4. Benfti-special small-forward-type
  5. A tall or possibly not
  6. One of the two standouts from VFL list (however, I suspect Nash/Hepp will not happen till rookie draft)

Sounds good to me.

Draft HeppA, Rookie Nash

1. Best foot skills
  2. Best tackler/most c***y
  3. Biggest Scania
  4. Disco special
  5. benfti special