What song cant you get out of your head from this morning

For the longest time I had “Wichita Lineman” constantly, almost obsessively, playing in my head.
The only theory I could come up with was:
For years I had only heard the opening line, and written it off/put it down as a typical country and western song, ( that didn’t appeal to my wanna-be rock muso aesthetic). When finally, reading a Dave Marsh book on the 1000 songs you want to hear b4 u die, he listed it as a must hear. So i thought, let’s give it a whirl. I got past the first 2 lines, and then was blown away. Truly one of the great songs. Felt really ashamed at myself for being such a superficial ■■■■ all those years ago. Maybe listening to it properly all those years later reminded me to look at the whole picture and not gloss over things- and feel a little less guilty!
I think it also helped me to deal with the idea that no mater how much you f#$k up as a kid, there’s always hope for change down the road.

3 Likes

I was watching Sex Education on Netflix last week.

I haven’t been able to get this song out of my head since.

Literally sing it everyday and it’s driving my gf insane.

27 years old, so it’s a weird song to be singing. BUT I CAN’T STOP!!!

1 Like

For me, today, for no reason at all, it’s “It’s Almost Like Being in Love”.

we did Aussie Pub Rock trivia last night. I’ve got Evie (part 2)

Music from “Undertale” because my kids play it for seven hours every day.

I’ve got “No no no nonononono, Nobody but me” since posting in the Not 2MP thread this morning.

Just won’t bugger off.

Classic! I reckon I saw tha Stone Cold Boners do all three parts in a pub in the early 90s.

In the late 80s I was in Merimbula with some mates and we went down the RSL where Stevie was playing with a band called ‘Hard Rain’. End of the night I went to drag my last lagging mate who was chatting to the bass player. Bass player says ‘do you wanna come and meet Stevie?’ So we go out the back, say a quick hello shake hands with Stevie and get an autographed picture before staggering off into the night. Was a bit surreal.

Here’s the proof!

2 Likes

Fairytale of New York

Trawling discogs for eighties gold has its traps.
So now I’m victim to…

3 Likes

Oh yes it does. This is so close to peak 80’s. If it had sax and a headless bass it would actually be at the summit of 80’s pop culture to an excess. Pastels, loose tank tops, breezy casual clown trousers with elastic ankles, mullets, bassist’s often had a pony tail, Simmons drum pads, neon everywhere, ‘Re-flex’, wearing sunnies indoors, body shock dance moves and not a single hint of irony. This has been stuck in my head for over a day now.

4 Likes

This one is doing my head in, I can’t stop singing it