What value Colorado?

The purpose of the trip to Colorado was

1) Improve fitness by allowing us to train more effectively on our return as a result of improved aerobic capacity gained at high altitude.

2) Team bonding.

Is there any evidence one way or the other about the value of the experience after watching our performance in the pre season matches and the first six rounds?

How much training was actually done outdoors because of the snow. I assume there is a difference between training indoors and outdoors.   

1. Escape Melbourne and the media for a while?

They had to do it.

You know, because other teams were doing it.

The purpose of the trip to Colorado was
1) Improve fitness by allowing us to train more effectively on our return as a result of improved aerobic capacity gained at high altitude.
2) Team bonding.
Is there any evidence one way or the other about the value of the experience after watching our performance in the pre season matches and the first six rounds?

Seems from your recent posts, that you are a little disenchanted with the club/direction jackie? Would that be fair to say?

How much training was actually done outdoors because of the snow. I assume there is a difference between training indoors and outdoors.   

Might be something to this. They did it a month later than last year, which was well into winter proper, and it was absolutely brutally cold.... like a 1 year in 10 type of cold snap that week.

We will have our own altitude facilities at Tulla in weeks. No need to go there again.

We will have our own altitude facilities at Tulla in weeks. No need to go there again.

We will? Far out a lot of money has been put into this place, great to see.

It’s the no more flights plan

(Donate please)

They had to do it.
You know, because other teams were doing it.

Well it's going better than that other thing that we had to do because everyone else was doing it.
But trying to quantify the value is pretty tough. Fitness value looks pretty limited, but we'll see later in the year. Bonding?

Seems from your recent posts, that you are a little disenchanted with the club/direction jackie? Would that be fair to say?

No not at all - my whole interest lies in trying to observe how everything works. 

I am fascinated by Bomber's conflict between the long term strategy Joe, Carlisle, Hurley etc. and the short term tactics that might win games on match day.

I don't have a strong opinion on Colorado and hence have expressed no view but wondered what others make of it?

e.g. I thought that some of the younger players who didn't go may have benefited from having more attention paid to them for a couple of weeks by Bomber and senior players like Fletch and Winderlich.

There were statements in the preseason after Colorado that lots of KPI's were smashed and it was the fittest we have been.

On the other hand I think the weather over there restricted training and that we didn't hear about players who were disgruntled by the trip and the absence from home.

Would the cost of the trip been better spent on building the altitude facility here as planned for the Tru-value centre but not yet constructed for lack of funds?

I'm delighted to see Bomber as coach - the only time I have been disenchanted with the club was when Hird locked us out of training which has now been rectified by a policy of re-engagement with the supporters.

I'm sure we have some blitzers here who will have interesting statements to make about Colorado and perhaps someone has thought deeply enough about it to give us an analysis.

None, its a load of ■■■■■. Just a excuse to go somewhere else to train and sightsee.

I think it's hard to measure because it wasn't the whole team, but in my opinion the seniors guys are pushing through games a lot better than the younger ones but is this related who knows...

Saying that if the gain was only 2% to 5% it might not be something the average fan can see. Maybe Hocking is pushing off players just that bit harder. Maybe Stanton can run an extra 2 or 3m when sprinting. Maybe Jobe is accelerating just a bit quicker.

Is this a serious post?

None, its a load of ■■■■■. Just a excuse to go somewhere else to train and sightsee.

Cost the club (and members) a ■■■■ load of coin for very little return. Take away 2.5 days travel and jet lag getting there, 2-3 days travel and jet lag coming home, and you could mount a strong case that it actually costs you fitness wise. It is nothing more than a my ■■■■ is bigger than yours exercise.

Is this a serious post?

Don't know about the time frame, but will there be altitude rooms there - yes.

Lots of fighters use altitude training and it works, but not sure what benefit it would have for football. The reason it works for fighters is they have a one off event they can train for. They can tailor the camps perfectly for that one day. Football has an entire season. It's insanity to think work done 9-10 months earlier will have any benefit to our fitness in September.

Lots of fighters use altitude training and it works, but not sure what benefit it would have for football. The reason it works for fighters is they have a one off event they can train for. They can tailor the camps perfectly for that one day. Football has an entire season. It's insanity to think work done 9-10 months earlier will have any benefit to our fitness in September.

I suppose if you had altitude facilities you could use throughout the season at your club it would be of a huge benefit but I think I read somewhere that doing it in the pre-season it only gives an advantage for 4-5 weeks until it finally wears off but I think most teams use it as a foundation for their fitness bases.
Once we get one at the training facilities will we be the only team in the league to have that at our disposal throughout a season?

Is this a serious post?
Don't know about the time frame, but will there be altitude rooms there - yes.

The altitude room is currently being constructed. It's inside the hangar.