Whats the nicest sandwich you have made or had the pleasure of munging?

I am currently watching a documentary Foods That Cure Diseases. It is a rather long Doco. While I do recommend you watch some of the movie I would like to know what are some of my fellow blitzers favourite Sandwiches?
Do you know anyone that makes a Mean Sandwich?
What’s the worst Sandwich you ever had?
Thanks for everyone and anyone’s input.

What does that sandwich cure?

Life

8 Likes

Not a sandwich person myself. If I buy out, I will inevitably buy a larger meal as a sandwich is poor value for money. In your op, that looks more of a burger rather than sandwich.

Yep that’s a burger not a sandwich.

Or more accurately, four burgers

5 Likes

Bread
Mayo
Chicken
Pineapple
Tomato
Cheese
Bread

Toasted

Has to be in that order, otherwise goes all sloppy.

If we’re just talking about a sandwich at home - cant go past toasted ham and cheese. Can’t understand for the life of me why anyone thinks addition of tomato is a good idea.

6 Likes

5 Likes

That’s hard to go past. I do like a smear of seeded mustard too.

2 Likes

Favourite bought sandwiches are:

• The Austin midnight sandwich at Mr. Scruff’s in Collingwood.
  • Rare roast beef sandwich at a cafe called Lt. Coln on the corner of Little Collins St and Bank Place in the city.

If I’m making a sandwich there’s nothing better than a ham, cheese and tomato jaffle. Also love curried egg with just a bit of diced tomato added to the mix!

My man. I grab one of those pretty regularly. Sensational

1 Like

Philly steak sanga is hard to go past. Also, like braised beef brisket on bread - with or without toppings. Meat + bread = winner.

4 Likes

Also, munging?

4 Likes

Hot shaved salami, cheddar cheese and pizza sauce.
Toasted.

2 Likes

Mung…eat
Munging…eating

1 Like

The Coffee Club did a mean Rueben Sandwich!

If making, I suggest looking up Fast Eddys (Better Homes and Gardens) take on this American classic.

Worst I had was when my mum made them as a kid. Would sit in the bag in a scorching hot Queensland day and go yuck. ■■■■■■ put tomato on the top layer which made it go soggy.

This too! The Coffee Club made a good one.

Never made it myself.

1 Like

My most pleasurable sandwich was between Cindy and Mindy. There was plenty of munging happening.

I miss those two blow up dolls :weary:

18 Likes

chip sandwich

2 Likes

Crisps or fried?