Whats the nicest sandwich you have made or had the pleasure of munging?

Let’s get something straight right here & right now.

It’s Mangia! And if you are using Itai/Aussie slang it’s Manging!

What’s this mung crap, we ain’t eating no beans in a sandwich.

FFS.

3 Likes

you might be on to something here…

2 Likes

Recently made my own Philly Cheesesteaks at home combining a couple of different recipes.

OMFG!!!

2 Likes

In seriousness, it is a common phenomenon I reckon.
See - I love cooking - I do all the cooking and always have. Food tastes far better to me when I make it myself. So the two may be connected. There may also be some psychological links there.

4 Likes

This forum isn’t American though is it?

It’s clearly Italian

3 Likes

1 Like

You misspelt it

4 Likes

About 10 years ago I had the absolute best schnitzel sandwich ever at some dodgy trucker’s cafe in Altona.
White bread roll
Cos lettuce
Mayonnaise
Schnitzel
Salt and pepper

Simple but fuggen awesome if done right.

No idea what the joint was called or even really where it was.

8 Likes

When I used to work in Cheltenham nearly 10 years ago there was a fairly nondescript Take Away shop on Reserve Rd. I used to walk there at lunch and get one of their chicken schnitzel sandwiches. The schitty was so big they cut it in half and stacked them together in the sandwich. Mayo, lettuce, cheese, top it off with a serve of chips and a can of Coke. Wouldn’t need dinner after consuming that!

Katz’ Deli NYC,
image https://i.imgur.com/8mx6O4B_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

8 Likes

Do Bagels count?

Just a little hole in the wall place in New Jersey.

Amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/yTKr0nl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

5 Likes

I’ve never tried a Rueben. It just doesn’t appeal to me all that much. I never thought I’d say this but it just looks too meaty.

Yeah, it was a bit too much (I’d already eaten some meat out of it before the photo, as the bread was a bit ordinary)

Throw in a giant pickle and there’s your meal, maybe start with a Motza ball soup?

1 Like

Pastrami and dill pickle on rye is numero uno in NYC for me.
Italian hoagie in Philly (although Philly cheesesteak is good)
Shrimp po’boy in N’Awlins

1 Like

How is this football discussion?

The problem with these sandwiches in the US is that they’re simply too farking big and loaded. Obscene, even.

4 Likes

I do like a good salmon/cream cheese/capers/red onion bagel…

7 Likes

In honor of this thread, Banh mi for lunch today.

4 Likes

And the Salmon is Lox, which I’m pretty sure is cured rather than smoked. Just that little bit less fishy.

I’d kill for one of those right now.

Anyone down East Stkilda way know if you can get proper bagels and Lox?

I’ve eaten some good munge.

1 Like