What's your funniest Essendon story

I once got excited at something Watson Jr. did and then dropped my entire beer down the back of a eight-year old Carlton fan's back .... I think my face would have been pretty funny at that moment

did the kid at least by you another beer?

Fk Carlton

Anzac Day 2009

One of the funniest things l have seen on a footy replay, was a marking contest between Olarenshaw and Darren Jarman. They were almost the same height, Jarman a bit taller and had a solid 25+ kilos on Ricky l reckon. Anyway Rickie takes a look at Jars and the expression on his face is, ‘l think l am a bit of a chance here.’ It is tempting to say Jars gave him a hip and shoulder, but in reality he did nothing more than flex his glutes. The result? Ricky exited the screen to the left at a great rate of knots and Jarman took the mark unopposed.

Rnd 16, 2001. At quarter time mate says “I reckon we can still win, we’ve outscored teams by 10 goals in 3 quarters before, I reckon we can do it again”

bought tickets to my first finals series in 2011 thinking we would beat carlton.

By the end of that game, I’d already moved from disappointment to plain boredom. Best seats I’ve ever had at a game and I sat there watching seagulls for the last quarter. Couldn’t believe I was so close to the seagulls who are on the telly! Is that funny?

best seats of my life, and all i felt was empty.

Nothing to say Tinhill??

Got new phone and I’m trying to load up images and let others full in the story.

Had a pic of Tony B throwing the Flying Doormats headband into the crowd…fun times!

Rnd 16, 2001. At quarter time mate says "I reckon we can still win, we've outscored teams by 10 goals in 3 quarters before, I reckon we can do it again"
That’s not particularly funny unless you hate North of Melbourne.

Ah, continue then.

I said exactly the same thing, zero bravado. That’s how good we were, even carrying a few hacks such as Lalich and Hennemann.

Rnd 16, 2001. At quarter time mate says "I reckon we can still win, we've outscored teams by 10 goals in 3 quarters before, I reckon we can do it again"

I’ve always got at least 10% of a voice that talks inside my head like this when we are in hopeless situations. Ive learnt to keep it inside my head and not verbalise.

My brother has a different mental issue. He started talking at half time in the 2014 Eliminatuon final about who we should sub off and start managing for “next week”.

In 1974 Essendon were playing Norf at Arden Street and I was all of ten years old standing in the pocket with dad near the old gasometer. Anyway the play is just in front of us and Don McKenzie picks up a loose ball and is about to be tackled and a whistle goes. Everyone stops and the umpire calls play on, Mckenzie goes to run off and a whistle goes and everyone stops again. The umpire yells “play on it wasn’t me”. It happens twice more and all players stop. Eventually everyone realises some guy in the crowd is blowing a whistle. To a ten year old it was rather funny.

When I was a kid (aged about 6) heading to one of my first ever games at Windy Hill my Dad has promised me a player badge. So I was pretty excited when we were looking at all the badges. The problem was that I couldn’t decide who to get so the nice old lady working at the shop suggested Garry Foulds. I replied “nah, don’t like him”. I think it was pretty awkward for my Dad when she announced that Garry Foulds was her son!

1972 Blethyn kicks his 100th & is surrounded by fans.

The police horse protecting him slobbers all over his face & glasses.

1 Like

Upgraded my bronze membership in 2002 to silver/high mark so grand final seats would never be an issue as I’d never been to one before. Grand final seats still haven’t been an issue.

Master of pathos, is Klawdy.

I was leaving Windy Hill on a tram one day and I ran out of money, so I paid a fare to the bloke on the tram in 1 and 2 cent pieces. He cracked the ■■■■■ real bad and just threw the handfull of money I gave him out the window without saying another word

1 Like

Another one, My older brother was dancing with some chick in the Social club and a midget tried to cut in, My brother angrily said, ■■■■ off you little ■■■■, and the midget leapt up and decked him

1 Like

Probably Tony Buhagier.

1 Like

The curious incident of Marc Murphy and The Pig at the MCG in 2014.

Bit harsh but after we thrashed Melbourne by 30 goals many moons ago they flashed a disheveled dees fan in tears on the big screen after the final siren and the whole crowd bronx cheered him.

1 Like

Jacko throwin’ cans at crowd & goin’ off his nut in the goal-square at Windy Hill.