Where are they going wrong?

I was discussing with my wife how we feel sorry for supporters of clubs like Norf, Melbourne and the Bulldogs who have put up with mediocre performances over the last 10years… where do you think they have gone wrong?

Looking at North: They have to do a clean out. I was looking at their starting 22 this week and I reckon there is 7 playing who wouldn’t get a game…

If you’re talking about just the last 10 years, might as well throw us in the mediocre group.

If you're talking about just the last 10 years, might as well throw us in the mediocre group.

Yep
Facts are in last 10 years.
-Dogs finished higher than us 6 times
-Demons higher than us 4 times.
-Dogs have played in 4 final series in the last 10 years, Essendon and Melbourne 3(yes we should also be 4)
In the last 10 years we are 1-3 in finals
Demons are 1-2
Dogs are 4-7 and played in 3 consecutive Prelims coming up just short of a couple of decent sides.
I dont think we have any right to call Melbourne or the Bulldogs mediocre when our record in the last decade is bordering on pathetic

If you're talking about just the last 10 years, might as well throw us in the mediocre group.

Yep
Facts are in last 10 years.
-Dogs finished higher than us 6 times
-Demons higher than us 4 times.
-Dogs have played in 4 final series in the last 10 years, Essendon and Melbourne 3(yes we should also be 4)
In the last 10 years we are 1-3 in finals
Demons are 1-2
Dogs are 4-7 and played in 3 consecutive Prelims coming up just short of a couple of decent sides.
I dont think we have any right to call Melbourne or the Bulldogs mediocre when our record in the last decade is bordering on pathetic
:(

Yeah, can't say I feel particularly sorry for any of those clubs considering our past decade.

Then again one of them is North and after the past year and a half I don't really feel any sympathy for any other club so the Dogs an and Melbourne can get farked also.

That's what I find annoying about this site atm, we have to put other clubs down to feel good about the fact our club is struggling and has been for years. In any other context it'd be akin to bullying, but on here, it's the norm.

I'd say the same thing for other clubs as ours, it's prolly only little things, that in context are again little things, but a whole heap of little issues build and build and build til they become a big issue.

I was looking at Gunston and Rioli and I remember back we didn't really supposedly need Rioli cos we had Jetta and Davey and Lovett. Gunston was similar in that we didn't look at him til late cos we supposedly had Hurley, crameri and Gumby who was going to make a miracle recovery and turn back into the under 18 superstar that he was.

Again in isolation you can argue with hindsight of course, that those 2 decisions are bad, but not back breakers.

However you add those 2 instances to plently of others, with both quality of players, the way a club is run in general, fitness, injuries and most importantly luck and it just adds up.

You see the top teams of the last few years and they seemt to make more right decisions on the whole, whether that's luck, good management or what, they still achieve it.

I feel sorry for anybody who hasn't been alive to see their team win a flag. Outside of that fact, I couldn't give a fark about anybody else.  

I mean, we are starting to get a few of them ourselves.  

That's what I find annoying about this site atm, we have to put other clubs down to feel good about the fact our club is struggling and has been for years. In any other context it'd be akin to bullying, but on here, it's the norm.
I'd say the same thing for other clubs as ours, it's prolly only little things, that in context are again little things, but a whole heap of little issues build and build and build til they become a big issue.
I was looking at Gunston and Rioli and I remember back we didn't really supposedly need Rioli cos we had Jetta and Davey and Lovett. Gunston was similar in that we didn't look at him til late cos we supposedly had Hurley, crameri and Gumby who was going to make a miracle recovery and turn back into the under 18 superstar that he was.
Again in isolation you can argue with hindsight of course, that those 2 decisions are bad, but not back breakers.
However you add those 2 instances to plently of others, with both quality of players, the way a club is run in general, fitness, injuries and most importantly luck and it just adds up.
You see the top teams of the last few years and they seemt to make more right decisions on the whole, whether that's luck, good management or what, they still achieve it.

What? Gunston was always going to Hawthorn, they'd been into him for months (plural) before even Adelaide knew he was going - let alone us
Stop making things up. The club has made plenty (plenty) of mistakes in the last while, there's no need to invent more.

Some weird imaginations here. 

Come play..

Screw the lot of them, they were happy to kick us while we were down while hiding their own bad governance, so they can keep rattling their tins without any concern from me.