Who SHOULD coach Essendon in 2015?

I'm of the firm belief that Mark "Bomber" Thompson should be the coach of Essendon in 2015.  For me James Hird is tainted and should not be given the responsibility of being the senior coach.  The problem is the $2 million dollars that Little has promised Hird  when he was suspended by the AFL until 2am Monday, August 25.  It was a stupid move by Little, but in his defence he knew that Hird would sue Essendon if he wasn't reinstated as senior coach once the suspension was up.  I think, under the circumstances, Bomber has done a magnificent job as coach, given what the players have gone through this year. 

I have no confidence in Hird as he returns as a tainted person to the club. If he resumes as coach, two things are likely to happen.  First, Bomber will leave Essendon as I'm sure he doesn't want to work under Hird again and sacrifice all the good work he has done this year.  Second, despite the players are saying they want Hird back, can we as supporters really believe that?  The players love Bomber,  They know he has done everything to support them during this very trying year, a year which still has the players out on a limb regarding their football future.  Would Hird have the same feelings for them seeing he failed miserably to oversee the madness that existed when Dank and Robinson were running a muck?

Hird has Essendon over a $2 million barrel.  "Take me back as coach or sack me and I'll sue you and take you to court".  Such a fight would cost Essendon another $3-4 million if they were to sack Hird.  This isn't money the club has as the cost of the Essendon v ASADA in the Federal Court would have been very expensive.

The only way around this conundrum, and one I hope doesn't eventuate, is Essendon will lose the Federal Court case, and ASADA continues on its merry way convicting the 34 players on doping charges.  The Essendon Board would have every reason to sack Hird, but what sort of a team would we have for 2015?  It is just all to horrible to even contemplate, a team I've followed for 65+ years, ending up the laughing stock of the AFL parked at the bottom of the ladder for the next 2+ years. 

The suggestion of two senior coaches sharing the load has some merit, but can you really see Bomber and Hird wanting that to be the case.  One boss only, and Hird looks like having the job much to my disgust.

Only real serious comments should respond to this post.  The matter is too big a one for silly comments.  I want to know what my fellow Essendon supporters are thinking.

oh fk off

Don’t be that guy

Here’s a serious comment (or rather question):

Are you Dodga?

One question. Are you Fatprick or Caro?

hmmmmm

That is the most baseless, worst and inconceivably ridiculous post I have very read here.

Please ban and gurge.

It was a stupid move by Little, but in his defence he knew that Hird would sue Essendon if he wasn't reinstated as senior coach once the suspension was up.

WTF?
Of all the dumb things I've read over the past 18 months, this probably tops the list.

Dempsey

KNIGHTA

Voss is available.

Garry-Lyon-Head-Shot.jpg

I reckon I could do a good job, imo.

Only real serious comments should respond to this post.  The matter is too big a one for silly comments.  I want to know what my fellow Essendon supporters are thinking.

Finish your post and fark off 

[quote name=“wimmera1” post=“310918” timestamp=“1408870207”]Garry-Lyon-Head-Shot.jpg[/quote]

Look at the eyebrows!!! HAIRY GARY!!

Yaco. 

Good call by you.

Just quietly as coach of the forum team I have never lost to Collingwood.

[quote name=“barnz” post=“310911” timestamp=“1408869543”]KNIGHTA[/quote]

Beat me to it

wayne schimmelbusch

Is that dandruff in Gary’s hair?