Who Should We Draft?

Dammit, cockatoo has just showed up on the Goldie, must be going top 10

Hypothetical: if BOTH Wright and Weller are available at pick 17: who would YOU choose?

That's easy. Have to be Wright. If he was available the club would consider that a huge bonus not just because he promises to be a top line forward. He would solve our immediate ruck quandary as well. And I think he's a bit better than Weller.

Prety sure I read somewhere in the last few days that they are flying 17 guys up as they have no idea on what the top 10 will be but can’t remember where I read it.

I hope we don't get Goddard, I don't like the name Hugh.

I feel the same way about Jayden...

Prety sure I read somewhere in the last few days that they are flying 17 guys up as they have no idea on what the top 10 will be but can't remember where I read it.

Yeah but I think he is a late change, as in somebody now thinks they will take him, so they flew him in last minute.

Prety sure I read somewhere in the last few days that they are flying 17 guys up as they have no idea on what the top 10 will be but can't remember where I read it.

Makes sense.

Dammit, cockatoo has just showed up on the Goldie, must be going top 10

They are flying 17 guys or so up, as they have no idea on what the top 10 will be.

Yeah but I think he is a late change, as in somebody now thinks they will take him, so they flew him in last minute.

How does  that work? One of the clubs with a top 10 pick whispers in the AFL's ear that they're after Cockatoo, get him up here? I don't think so.

Just insurance is my tip.

so if hypothetically the cats take cockatoo, are there any other clubs between their pick and ours at 17 that would take Wright?

IMO it would be the biggest win if we could get Wright at 17. Solves 2 of our most pressing issues - ruck depth and forward coverage. 

Our biggest long term issue is lack of pace in midfield though, so I guess if we can get 2 quick mids with 17 and 20 that'd also be good.

17 - weller
20 - lamb

17. Cockatoo

20. Garlett 

come on man!

cockatoo arrived on the gold coast now, could be top ten we are very low chance now sorry.

so if hypothetically the cats take cockatoo, are there any other clubs between their pick and ours at 17 that would take Wright?

IMO it would be the biggest win if we could get Wright at 17. Solves 2 of our most pressing issues - ruck depth and forward coverage. 

Our biggest long term issue is lack of pace in midfield though, so I guess if we can get 2 quick mids with 17 and 20 that'd also be good.

Crows or fremantle should look at him as a key forward, even north, he could be gone before cats anyway to giants or goldcoast

At the very least Adelaide, Dockers, and the Gold Coast would both have a very good look, surely.

I'd love Wright to fall to our pick, but I can't see it happening.  I know it was hinted a few weeks back that it was a possibility, but I suspect that was more because the people with early teens picks assumed he'd be going top 10 and hadn't put any work into him.  I reckon as soon as the 'Wright to Essendon?' article came out, that changed in a big hurry.

GC taking Cockatoo then...

That would be my guess since they are very keen on him.
Must be looking at him for pick 8? If not they are hoping pick 15 Which I would have thought he had a pretty reasonable chance of reaching in the first place.

How does that work? One of the clubs with a top 10 pick whispers in the AFL's ear that they're after Cockatoo, get him up here? I don't think so.
Just insurance is my tip.

Well how do you think they decide who to fly in?Do you think they work off a phantom draft......
Of course the AFL is in talks with the clubs to find out who to bring in.

Must be looking at him for pick 8? If not they are hoping pick 15 Which I would have thought he had a pretty reasonable chance of reaching in the first place.

Could be Geelong....

Could be Geelong....

They shouldn't draft him...

..because I want him at Essendon!

I thought weller to gold coast and cockatoo to geelong

With goddard/marchbank going to gws

Because I am a miserable vengeful ■■■■■■■ who can see a cloud to every silver lining:

Never forget over the course of this draft and the years following that while we're getting 17 and 20, we SHOULD be picking at 13 and 17.  Whether it's Ellis, Laverde, Cockatoo, Weller, Wright, or whoever goes between the pick that we should have, and the pick that we do have, always remember it.  Remember how badly we got screwed over by the AFL, and how the club administration let it happen.

Nah. Well, yes we did get badly screwed by the AFL and the club administration let it happen and we shouldn't forget. But if the saga hadn't have been a big enough issue to allow the AFL to make a stand on out of control supplement programs screw our draft picks it wouldn't have dragged on as long as it has and Paddy probably wouldn't have left so we'd probably just be picking at 13 and still have Paddy.

17. Weller

20. Garlett

Couple of blokes with pace, who carry the ball and give us some much-needed spread from the contest. Would love Cockatoo but it sounds like he'll already be gone - Weller is the one I hope slides to our first pick.

EDIT I know nothing about anything but I like what I've seen & heard of these guys.