Who Should We Draft?

17. Weller

20. Garlett

Couple of blokes with pace, who carry the ball and give us some much-needed spread from the contest. Would love Cockatoo but it sounds like he'll already be gone - Weller is the one I hope slides to our first pick.

EDIT I know nothing about anything but I like what I've seen & heard of these guys.

I'm hoping for this too

According to the Dates thread the third list lodgement date is on Monday. Is there a chance that they'll look at who we get tonight and then revisit the list to open up a post season or rookie spot?

According to the Dates thread the third list lodgement date is on Monday. Is there a chance that they'll look at who we get tonight and then revisit the list to open up a post season or rookie spot?

No, zero. You can't delist players past LL2 and you can't delist rookies after LL1.

Just a hypothetical Dunlop, and a highly unlikely one I know, but can another team nominate our only current rookie tonight?

And have we guaranteed Aylett a rookie spot? I know he's got a year to go on a contract but isn't he technically delisted?

Anyone around our picks kick the ball as well as Zerret?

nakia

Anyone around our picks kick the ball as well as Zerret?

Nakia.

And have we guaranteed Aylett a rookie spot? I know he's got a year to go on a contract but isn't he technically delisted?

You think we would do that?

EFC would not do that at any time .. but especially not now.

Like we need that sort of press atm.

You think we would do that?

EFC would not do that at any time .. but especially not now.

Like we need that sort of press atm.

Do what? If he has been guaranteed a rookie spot obviously we honour it. That's what I'm trying to discern. If not I can't see how it is any different to any other player who has been delisted.

Oh, ok,  .. I'm sure we told him we'd take him back as a rookie.

Can't believe Peter Bampton was not picked up.

If we do only end up with one rookie pick, I wouldn't be unhappy to take him, but accept that we probably need a ruckman. How did Darcy Cameron go this year, anyone?

Can't believe Peter Bampton was not picked up.

If we do only end up with one rookie pick, I wouldn't be unhappy to take him, but accept that we probably need a ruckman. How did Darcy Cameron go this year, anyone?

Averaged 10 touches, 2 tackles and 20 hitouts from 10 games in the WAFL, but only 3 marks (which has always been one of the knocks on him, doesn't impose himself aerially).  Also averaged 12 touches, 5 marks and 30 hitouts from 11 games in the WAFL reserves.

Highlights that have impressed me the most in recent years belonged to the ranga Cameron Conlon. Any word on him or have injuries crueled his prospects. Looked to be an absolute gun at one stage. Is he worth  a rookie spot, not that we have one.

Highlights that have impressed me the most in recent years belonged to the ranga Cameron Conlon. Any word on him or have injuries crueled his prospects. Looked to be an absolute gun at one stage. Is he worth  a rookie spot, not that we have one.

Played one TAC Cup game this year.  He mentioned a few weeks ago that he's injury-free going into the preseason for the first time in ages and really looking forward to it.  No idea who he's playing for though, or even what league he's playing in.

Played one TAC Cup game this year.  He mentioned a few weeks ago that he's injury-free going into the preseason for the first time in ages and really looking forward to it.  No idea who he's playing for though, or even what league he's playing in.

WSPHU (after Doc Reid's checked him out).

ESSENDON

Draft selections: 17, 20, 62 (promoted Patrick Ambrose)
What we said before the draft: If they could snap up a midfielder and a tall it would be a perfect result. A runner should be a priority.
What happened? We said a tall and a runner would be ideal, and the Bombers might have got both in one pickwith Jayden Laverde, an exciting 189cm midfielder who can play nearly anywhere. Another area the Bombers have struggled with in recent times is looking for a lead-up half-forward, and Kyle Langford fills that gap. He's very good in the air, and has a great tank.

Cal Twomey's verdict on EFC (and the other clubs)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-27/how-did-your-club-fare-at-the-2014-draft

If we do end up going for as ruckman I hope we look at Paul Hunter. Seems like a player mature enough to contribute this year, but with heaps of upside for future growth.

And have we guaranteed Aylett a rookie spot?

Yes.

And have we guaranteed Aylett a rookie spot?

Yes.

So we have 4 rookie picks then?