Who should we pursue? (VIA TRADE)

Decided to create a thread for players up to for trade or rumoured for a trade, seeing there was one for free agents.

Possible options: Garlett, Tom Mitchell, Taylor Hunt.

Maybe: Luke Ball.

Enter any of your opinions too!

Tom Mitchell I’d definately be after and Ball if we could sign him for nothing as he doesn’t have a contract as of yet but I would assume Collingwood would give him one.

I’d enquirer for possible small forwards and Winderlich replacements.

I’m not sure about their contract positions but I’d look at…

Jarryd Lyons, Matty Wright, Ben Kennedy, Hayden Crozier and Keiran Harper (small forward replacement but may end up as passive as Jetta).

Just off the top of my head without looking into it too much.

Luke Ball…Are people serious?! Was too slow when he left the Saints for Collingwood and since then has had a knee reco… And how old is he?

Realistic guys we might look at…Crozier, Aaron Young, Sam Kerridge, Rohan Bewick, Jack Crisp, Aaron Hall, Tom Sheridan, Andrew Moore,Jesse Lonergan, Alex Sexton, Luke Lowden, Kieran Harper, Tim Membrey, Dean Towers

Fairly sure Dodoro sought out Brad Sewell in last year’s trade period which is why I put Luke Ball under ‘maybe’.

I personally wouldn’t go after him because of reasons above, but wouldn’t be surprised if we make a play for him, especially given he and Jobe are close.

Tom Mitchell, absolutely.......and look at some other players on the periphery of top 4 sides best 22

Crozier, Kerridge, Bewick, Hall, Sheridan, Moore, Lonergan, Harper all contracted until the end of 2015, and Young until 2016. Not saying we can't look at them, but getting contracted players is a lot harder.

Tom Mitchell, if he leaves Sydney, would go to Carlton.

Forget him. We will not get near him.

Decided to create a thread for players up to for trade or rumoured for a trade, seeing there was one for free agents.
Possible options: Garlett, Tom Mitchell, Taylor Hunt.
Maybe: Luke Ball.
Enter any of your opinions too!

Garlett= Will be going back to WA
Mitchell= Not even a chance
Hunt= get out
Ball= Wat
I don't actually think we need to bring many in. If the right small forward or ultra speedy outside mid becomes available for cheap then yeah pull the trigger but otherwise nope.

Kennedy Harris from Melbourne?

I would be asking the Crows what they want for Sam Kerridge.
But I don't think we will be very active this year.
If Colyer hadn't progressed as much as he had in the last 8 weeks, I'd be looking at Jason Tutt, but I've completely lost interest now.
In my opinion we will only be looking at obtaining draft picks this year using the likes of Hardingham, Jetta, Kavanagh, Dalgliesh and Van Unen if any clubs are willing to trade for them.
Brisbane will chase Dempsey pretty hard in trade week and they're very cashed up. Given he's contracted, I hope we make it pretty difficult.

I cant see why dempsey would want to leave to go play for a toilet of a club like brisbane. He is playing finals here, he wont be playing finals for a long time with the lions

I would be asking the Crows what they want for Sam Kerridge.
But I don't think we will be very active this year.
If Colyer hadn't progressed as much as he had in the last 8 weeks, I'd be looking at Jason Tutt, but I've completely lost interest now.
In my opinion we will only be looking at obtaining draft picks this year using the likes of Hardingham, Jetta, Kavanagh, Dalgliesh and Van Unen if any clubs are willing to trade for them.
Brisbane will chase Dempsey pretty hard in trade week and they're very cashed up. Given he's contracted, I hope we make it pretty difficult.

I cant see why dempsey would want to leave to go play for a toilet of a club like brisbane. He is playing finals here, he wont be playing finals for a long time with the lions

I assume that if he were to move up to Brisbane, it would be for family reasons. (As well as a big pay rise)

All I want is a small, crumbing forward with some pace.

I'd hope we make a decent play at Garlett.

I don't reckon there is much else that we need to go out of our way to chase hard for. But it's early days as far as the trade period goes.

Well I don't like the sound of that. 

Tom Mitchell, if he leaves Sydney, would go to Carlton.
Forget him. We will not get near him.

Really?

Really, we will not get near him?

Or really, he would go to Carlton?

Not that I like talking about trading our own best 22 players…but Dempsey I feel is someone who I think we could replace if Brisbane made an offer we couldn’t refuse. We do have Gleeson and Dalgleish waiting in the wings who would slot into Dempseys speedy running defended type role nicely if fit. But it all depends on what they could offer.

I think with the current list Ess is one successful draft/trade period away from premiership glory. I reckon the list managers should target the top six teams to identify players who have (a) been in the system for a couple of years but have struggled for senior games because of lack of opportunities, or (b) too much competition for the same role.

Past examples (a) Wellman to Ess, Gunston to Haw, Richards to Swans.

Present example (b) North have about 6 players fighting for 3 key forward spots. (it's just an example, for the sake of explanation FFS!).

I'd be disappinted if the club doesn't manufacture a significant win/win trade, which some hardcore fans find difficult to come to terms with.

Just my 2 cents.

All I want is a small, crumbing forward with some pace.

I'd hope we make a decent play at Garlett.

I don't reckon there is much else that we need to go out of our way to chase hard for. But it's early days as far as the trade period goes.

I donno. HIs offence at best you'd want.

But atm he isn't getting a game at Carlton (well before the incident) because he had 0 defensive pressure and his attacking side this year had fallen off.

it'd be a risk getting him cos it's not as if he's getting left out of a top 4 club for those reasons.

Donno or care who we chase as long as it's for spots we lack in at present. We don't lack in slow clearence players so Ball and Sewell do not make sense to be looking at.

I'd be saying: "Hand over your first round pick or go elsewhere."
What pick do they have? Would it be around 4-5?
Since he is contracted I would want overs for him and I think we will play handball if we even decide to get in the game.
Would prefer to see him stay though.

draft order seems to count for ■■■■ all these days.

proven vs unknown.

he stays. if he wants.