Who will be our interim captain for the upcoming season?

Contenders

Brendon Goddard

Probably the most obvious choice however his demanding temper tantrums might be an issue.

Mark Bagurley

Work Horse and first year in the leadership group. My personal vote.

David Zaharakis

Another contender despite being kicked out of the leadership group twice.

Craig Bird

Non “Essendon” person and premiership player from Sydney. Birdy can’t be discounted as he knows what it takes for success and his age is ripe for the captaincy.

Pretenders

Adam Cooney

need I say anything?

TIPPA! because TIPPA!

Make it Parish.

Nah, actually Captain Gach.

Goddard if he wants it. Then Bags. I can’t imagine it being anybody else

I think it Would be goddard or bags as both in leadership group.

If was my choice would be zaharakis and zerrett.

Really think it could lift zakas game. And we dont need goddards finger pointing as captain.

I agree it will be Goddard with Baggs as VC.

Goddard would definitely defend our young players and the club- a strong personality we would need. If he can just tone down the tough love a bit i’d be happy with his appointment. Baggs is just inspirational on field and a great example.

Contenders

Brendon Goddard

Probably the most obvious choice however his demanding temper tantrums might be an issue.

Mark Bagurley

David Zaharakis

Craig Bird

Non “Essendon” person and premiership player from Sydney. Birdy can’t be discounted as he knows what it takes for success and his age is ripe for the captaincy.

Pretenders

Adam Cooney

need I say anything?

TIPPA! because TIPPA!

hold on, did you just suggest we make a player that’s never pulled on the jersey for us to be our captain for 2016??

are you daft?

As if it won’t be Goddard. He’s pretty much been captain in Watson’s absence.

I think Bags is the only other player left from our leadership group. And only other integral player left (with Goddard & Zaharakis).
So you’d have to say Bags and Zaharakis are vice Captains.

Cooney, Bird and Luenburger round out the leadership group.

Edit: and possibly Zac Merrett & Joe Daniher get a look in.

I’d like Baguley as captain but you’d have to assume it would be Goddard.

So Goddard captain With Baguley his Vice followed by a leadership group of; Zaharakis, Bird, Z,Merrett & Daniher. Thus especially with the last two following with the Mantra of developing our younger players this year.

Goddard, Bags VC

I’d say Dempsey might be chance of the leadership group too

Can’t believe we are even having this discussion…

Not a criticism of anyone here. Just having a hard time coming to terms with the situation.

No love fro Zaka?

Goddard.

Contenders

Brendon Goddard

Mark Bagurley

David Zaharakis

Craig Bird

Pretenders

Adam Cooney

need I say anything?

TIPPA! because TIPPA!

hold on, did you just suggest we make a player that’s never pulled on the jersey for us to be our captain for 2016??

are you daft?

Worked for carlt…oh wait

No love fro Zaka?

I love Zaka, but behind the scenes it seems he’s not rated highly when it comes to leadership. Not sure if it has anything to do with training standards or some kind of misdemeanor or if he’s too busy focusing on his own game to notice what others are doing and help them out or direct them.

I’m just speculating with the above but I remember he missed out on the leadership group one year and said he was working on his leadership skills, then came back in for a year and was dropped again for this year.

You would think he’d HAVE to be considered for a leadership role this year but I just can’t see him as Captain or VC.

I think Goddard is the obvious choice and he will do it well, and then Baguley for VC since he was in the leadership group already.

Given that Jobe is our Captain and Heppel is the next one in line, I don’t think it would be appropriate to name any of the younger brigade (Zerret/Daniher/etc) as Captain.

Dempsey will probably end up in the leadership group.

In these circumstances it has to be Goddard.
Deserves it alone for publicly defending our Club in Media over last few years.
Will give on-field / off-field leadership in spades but must understand his limits.

No love fro Zaka?

hes not even in the leadersip group

players dont want him to lead them

has to be goddard

It’s a limited group. Zaha would have to be around the mark.

It's a limited group. Zaha would have to be around the mark.

Agreed its a limited group.

But Zaka conducts himself like a child & his form hasnt been anywhere near that of a reliable leader.

No thanks.