Who will be our interim captain for the upcoming season?

It's a limited group. Zaha would have to be around the mark.

Agreed its a limited group.

But Zaka conducts himself like a child & his form hasnt been anywhere near that of a reliable leader.

No thanks.

When has he ever done or said anything out of line?
Form was ■■■■ in 2015, I’ll grant you that, but that’s not stopped Watson or Cooney or a handful of others being suggested.
It's a limited group. Zaha would have to be around the mark.

Agreed its a limited group.

But Zaka conducts himself like a child & his form hasnt been anywhere near that of a reliable leader.

No thanks.

Zaka has been struggling to get on the ground and when he does, he’s usually hampered by injury (as we keep getting told).

He’s not Captain material, when you have Goddard sitting there. God knows who would Captain the club if Goddard wasn’t at Essendon.

Zaka is the most arrogant player at the club and doesn’t gell with large segments of the playing list. Hurts him in his leadership aspirations. Source - mate used to work at the club.

Zaka is the most arrogant player at the club and doesn't gell with large segments of the playing list. Hurts him in his leadership aspirations. Source - mate used to work at the club.
Yet they voted him in last year, and 3 years ago?

Whatever dude.

Zaka is the most arrogant player at the club and doesn't gell with large segments of the playing list. Hurts him in his leadership aspirations. Source - mate used to work at the club.

Whatever dude.

Whatever yourself. Most of his clique must have moved on from the club hence influencing the vote. I’m just adding what I’ve heard. I very rarely claim to have an inside word on things so accept or disregard up to you.

Whatever dude.

Whatever yourself.

Can’t, I’m at work!

Just saying that in any organisation, there’s people who do and don’t like each other.
That doesn’t mean either side is necessarily right. Or that they can’t work together.
All comes out when the team’s losing, and goes away when they’re winning.

Contenders

Brendon Goddard

Probably the most obvious choice however his demanding temper tantrums might be an issue.

Mark Bagurley

Work Horse and first year in the leadership group. My personal vote.

David Zaharakis

Another contender despite being kicked out of the leadership group twice.

Craig Bird

Non “Essendon” person and premiership player from Sydney. Birdy can’t be discounted as he knows what it takes for success and his age is ripe for the captaincy.

Pretenders

Adam Cooney

need I say anything?

TIPPA! because TIPPA!

hold on, did you just suggest we make a player that’s never pulled on the jersey for us to be our captain for 2016??

are you daft?

These are strange times, if you recall Goddard was captain for a little while there despite being in the club for 5 minutes.

Zaharakis
Baguley VC
Goodard, Leuenberger, Bird and Cooney leadership group

It would probably have to come from the leadership group no? Obvious choice is BJ.

It will be Goddard…is a natural on field leader and an impressive speaker off the field.

BJ. No brainer

It will be Goddard....is a natural on field leader and an impressive speaker off the field.

Good point.

sorry

It will be Goddard....is a natural on field leader and an impressive speaker off the field.

Good point.

sorry

…er?

Either bird, parish or mchale …

BJ said for you to SHUT. UP.

I like the idea of BJ…and Goddard would be a good choice as captain as well.

Anybody else find it weird that Woosha hasn’t come out yet?

Anybody else find it weird that Woosha hasn't come out yet?

Always thought he was a man’s man but not sure it means that

Anybody else find it weird that Woosha hasn't come out yet?

There will be a presser at tomorrow’s training session.

‘Well woosha what do you think about hirds upcoming interview?’
‘Woosh do you regret taking the essendon job?’
‘What is the players frame of mind woosh?’
‘Should Mrs hird shut up woosh?’
‘will you pick up andy lovett woosh?’
‘WOOOOOOOOOOOSHA, HIRDY???’

*J-ROD “last question”

‘Will the club welcome back Hirdy woosh?’