Why do (state) primary schools enforce a boy-girl dress code?

I could not have worn a dress. My massive ■■■■■ would have been left swinging in the breeze, causing other young boys to develop inferiority complexes.
Colostomy bags are annoying, aren't they?

I can’t believe the word ‘Gut’ got done by the swear filter.

It's all about commerce and marketing, like everything else.

If boys and girls could all wear the same thing, that’s a lot more ‘hand me downs’ and a lot less uniforms being sold.

In the late 1800’s, young boys regularly wore dresses, and they were supposedly pink. here is a photo of future President Roosevelt as a child:

even in the early 1920’s when gender specific clothing started to begin, it was still at that point a case of Boys = pink and Girls = Blue. This, again, was pushed strongly by the department stores for the same reasons as listed above. It wasn’t until the 1940’s that Pink and Blue got switched to what we know it as today.

Also, just on your overall point… I’m not sure our underfunded state schools are exactly set up to be leaders and pioneers in social change. I think that’s asking a lot.

Bingo. 2 4 6 8 burn the rich and smash the state etc.

What I was trying to say above is, that based on the timeline of the Roosevelt photo, there is a pretty good chance that a photo exists somewhere of a young Noonan in a dress.

There are a few pictures of me in a dress (born 86). And no, I shant be posting them here.

1886?

1886?

This thread is quite creepy.

I love these ones where, cos the cameras took so long to expose, the mother would be in there holding the kid… hiding under something

I love these ones where, cos the cameras took so long to expose, the mother would be in there holding the kid... hiding under something

I don’t want to alarm anyone, but is that a GHOST IN THE BACKGROUND?

They also did photos of dead kids.

Victorian people were weird. Just look at Noonsie.

■■■■■■ Victorians.

Hmm, trying to work out what this thread is about by looking at the last few posts first is puzzling.

Hmm, trying to work out what this thread is about by looking at the last few posts first is puzzling.

Last post wins?