Why we are going nowhere. mediocrity since the Knights era

First of all. I am very optimistic. Have been for years. Thinking we are heading in the right direction

Tonight, and this has been coming for a while, proves to me we do not have the list to challenge for a premiership. Richmond and us are on par of where we are headed. Nowhere

We recruited cooney, goddard and chapman thinking we were a flag threat. We got that wrong. We overrated the list. Why recruit gwilt whos languishing in the 2s? Who else do we have to come in who makes a REAL difference. Myers? Hocking? No. They are just good average triers. The sort of players who epitomize where our list currently is

This loss has honestly deflated me more than anything for years. We should have won this.

We do not have the talent on the list to win a flag in the next 2 years. take away jobe, bj, stants, fletch, chapman, cooney and who do we have to replace them. Kav? NOB? edwards? Hams? Stein? Pears? Long? How is our key position depth looking?

End of story. We are a long way off it fellas

at present this is also the reason one should try and develop a team outside the best 22 just as much as anything else.

instead of hiding behind excuses like “we are building for later in the year” and fitness bullshit, you should actually you know pick guys on form above all else, so as to hopefully try and avoid situations like the one we are in now.

being 4-7 and losing a ruckman albeit it out of form, and our only fast player who takes the game on means you’re going to have to work extra hard, and reverse our current form almost miraculously to get anywhere near finals.

which is always the point, you don’t know what the future holds, so playing guys based solely on their potential in the future is stupid and fraught with so much danger that it’s not funny.

now we have to rely on who to replace coyler ?
edwards the kid who by most scribes wasn’t up to it prior to a week ago and still had sooooooooo much work to do on his game because the coaches weren’t picking him ?

so not only do you have to reverse poor form from the whole side pretty much, you have to find replacements from a bunch of disillusioned leftovers who you don’t rate enough in the first place to give them a go when others aren’t performing.

Step back and listen -
maybe if people did, we wouldn't be in this situation.

So if I listen more to you, the coaches will pick a different team next week?

He means to lead a revolutionary movement where by he is elected club commander in chief.

He means to govern a club for the people of the people in spite of the fact that the people are stupid meanies who won’t listen.

at present this is also the reason one should try and develop a team outside the best 22 just as much as anything else.

instead of hiding behind excuses like “we are building for later in the year” and fitness bullshit, you should actually you know pick guys on form above all else, so as to hopefully try and avoid situations like the one we are in now.

being 4-7 and losing a ruckman albeit it out of form, and our only fast player who takes the game on means you’re going to have to work extra hard, and reverse our current form almost miraculously to get anywhere near finals.

which is always the point, you don’t know what the future holds, so playing guys based solely on their potential in the future is stupid and fraught with so much danger that it’s not funny.

edwards the kid who by most scribes wasn’t up to it prior to a week ago and still had sooooooooo much work to do on his game because the coaches weren’t picking him ?

so not only do you have to reverse poor form from the whole side pretty much, you have to find replacements from a bunch of disillusioned leftovers who you don’t rate enough in the first place to give them a go when others aren’t performing.

Step back and listen -

So if I listen more to you, the coaches will pick a different team next week?

Step back and listen -

Step back and listen - king negative has spoken!

I s’pose he does have the Minus touch.

Oh dear…

Step back and listen - king negative has spoken!

I s’pose he does have the Minus touch.

What I can’t understand is why Collingwood can find players like Oxley and Langdon and the best we can find is Hardingham over Barlow (slight exaggeration but you know my point)

Whoa, disillusioned leftovers? Where did that come from? How about you guys are on the list and on the verge. How about here is an opportunity to step and show the football world what you have got. How about here is the chance you have been waiting patiently for. How about carpe diem, seize the day. Take your chance, like Edwards did, like Zettett did and Colyer before him.

And you wonder why people label you as negative, despite your protests to the contrary.

i don’t wonder, i know why people label me negative. It’s because i say essendon isn’t all rosey and lovey dovey and instead of taking onboard what i say, people need to demonise people (everyone who does it, hell look at the backlash your team has copped cos of his thread, and he has been one who’s gone after me alot for being negative) to justfiy themselves staying inside there little bubbles they like to bury their heads in.

and like i’ve said plently of times, i’m not negative, you and the others just choose to see what i say that way.
like i’ve said if i say the exact same things about carlton or melbourne, i’m funnily enough not being negative. if i say the same things about us, magically around here i’m “negative”

My sensitivities and love for the club aren’t hung up in us “being a great club” all the time. I don’t need to pretend we are more than we are, unlike alot around here.
I don’t need to believe we are on the right path, or that we make all the best decisions to still love the club.

But… .but…if no one likes what you say and how you say it, why are you even saying it?

decade long habit.

Whoa, disillusioned leftovers? Where did that come from? How about you guys are on the list and on the verge. How about here is an opportunity to step and show the football world what you have got. How about here is the chance you have been waiting patiently for. How about carpe diem, seize the day. Take your chance, like Edwards did, like Zettett did and Colyer before him.

And you wonder why people label you as negative, despite your protests to the contrary.

i don’t wonder, i know why people label me negative. It’s because i say essendon isn’t all rosey and lovey dovey and instead of taking onboard what i say, people need to demonise people (everyone who does it, hell look at the backlash your team has copped cos of his thread, and he has been one who’s gone after me alot for being negative) to justfiy themselves staying inside there little bubbles they like to bury their heads in.

and like i’ve said plently of times, i’m not negative, you and the others just choose to see what i say that way.
like i’ve said if i say the exact same things about carlton or melbourne, i’m funnily enough not being negative. if i say the same things about us, magically around here i’m “negative”

My sensitivities and love for the club aren’t hung up in us “being a great club” all the time. I don’t need to pretend we are more than we are, unlike alot around here.
I don’t need to believe we are on the right path, or that we make all the best decisions to still love the club.

But… .but…if no one likes what you say and how you say it, why are you even saying it?

'The Disillusioned Leftovers' is a good name for a band

Or maybe a good title for the “Lid Off” thread?

And what about people who don’t run their mouth off…? Do they use fake eddresses and VPNs?

Always surprises me that people who run their mouth signup with emails addresses from the places the work / go to school.

[email protected]?

BRING MATTHEW KNIGHTS BACK, THIS MAN KNEW HOW TO RUN A FOOTY CLUB UNLIKE SIR JAMES HIRD.

Cheers,
FISHJ10

My oh my, you have been busy since joining up all of 10 minutes ago. It will be short lived but enjoy while you can.

Always surprises me that people who run their mouth signup with emails addresses from the places the work / go to school.

They’re opening for ‘Vanilla Accumulators’ next week.

Only because The Panic Merchants freaked out and pulled the pin.

All great bands.

Its actually the “The Panic” now. Apparently a band somewhere in the US called The Panic Merchants threatened to go legal.

I think “The Handball to a Stationary Player” isn’t a very good name for a band.

I’m always partial to Contested Ball Animals

All great bands.

Its actually the “The Panic” now. Apparently a band somewhere in the US called The Panic Merchants threatened to go legal.

I think “The Handball to a Stationary Player” isn’t a very good name for a band.

All great bands.