Will Setterfield Don the sash?

The new savior!

Could be our Paul Ahern…(crickets)…

2 Likes

No ones ever correcting that thread title huh.

6 Likes

Spongy floors will do wonders.

WSPHU.

Obviously, he’s contacted so unless he requests a trade he’s not going anywhere.
And I’m not sure he would have started in their gun midfield. I know they rate him, but they also rate Coniglio, Shiel, Kelly, Hopper, Scully, Ward + players like Whitfield and Toranto…
A lot of very good mids at that club.

He will have played 2 games in two years so it’s probably a good time get his old team mate Andy McGrath to get in his ear.

Some day he Will Setterfield alight…if he ever gets on there!

4 Likes

Bont like leading into the draft.

Myers like, two years down the track.

2 Likes

I can’t believe you guys have forgotten that he barracked for Essendon as a kid.

but smith had knee issues thorugh out his career, we took the risk and it paid off

Smith had missed 2 x blocks of about 8 games in his 6 seasons, and returned the same season both times.

Setterfield’s played about 8 games (at either AFL or NEAFL level) in his last 1.5 years since being drafted and missed chunks of the 2-3 years leading up to being drafted.

Chalk and cheese.

Some guys you look at the whole picture - risk, cost and rewards - and have to just accept you might miss someone who can play. There’s a lot of posters on here who treat footy like pokemon, gotta get everyone.

2 Likes

The Setterfield cup on Saturday then.

Setterfield is better than any inside mid in this years draft, I wouldn’t be against trading our first and 2nd for Setterfield and their 1st. Pending they finish in the 8 and we don’t

He is worth the risk, looked Bont like in a couple of games I watched in the TAC. His AC shoulder injury came when he cracked in hard in a final, big inside mid who loves a contest, and Essendon supporter he ticks the boxes. If not for injury he would be playing for GWS right now no question.

7 Likes

Misspelling his name in the thread title is part of the Cunning Plan to prevent GWS from realising we’re after him before it’s too late.

It really is very black ops…

And yeah, I saw a lot of him as a junior and rated him 2nd on my draft list - after Clug, before McGrath - and I’d love him at the dons, but anyone who thinks GWS will give him up cheap, injuries or not, has rocks in their head.

7 Likes

Straight swap for Myers?

so what you’re saying is trade mcgrath + 1st rounder for sethergage?

1 Like

They gave us Smith pretty cheaply.

They’re looking for experienced players.

Myers, Goddard, J Merrett, Ricky Dyson and a third rounder
for
Setterfield and their first-rounder

Wonder how many will take this seriously.

1 Like

Like someone who raised his injury history before, surely the large amount he has copped every year would set him back as a player…

Can’t they already have our third rounder…