Winter Olympics - trying to not die

The Nordic combined is such a random event.

It would be like having an event that has archers decide their starting order by who gets the highest score in triple jump

1 Like

You know what, add Shooting / Archery to the Marathon and I’d probably watch that.

Q: How many snowboarders does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Just one, with another two guys filming it and another half a dozen or so saying “whoa, man… That was awesome”…

3 Likes

Grown men, even if they are commentating on the Snowboard Halfpipe on TV, should not use the word “ginormous” once, let alone more than five times in five minutes.

Makes you sound like a ginormous farkstick.

2 Likes

I’m just thankful it wasn’t Basil Zemplas.

Are Channel 7 are commentating these Olympics via a screen back in Australia? If that’s the case unfortunately it’s harder to send Culbit to North Korea.

Just saw Woosh and Hepp’s recorded message to Scotty James on 7. Also invited to toss the coin at a game later in the year by X. Kid seems like a mad Bombers fan. Good stuff EFC

7 Likes

I was thinking he was a bit of a wanker till that moment. Instant legend when I knew he was a Bombers fan. :grinning:

3 Likes

Was it John Coates that presented his bronze medal?

What the ■■■■ is going on with Coates? Didn’t know where to look (had to be pointed in the right direction by a hostess) and had this weird gait goin’ on.

Someone should bury him under 100m of snow.

Edit: actually no, just make him do the luge or that crazy forward thing

1 Like

Yeah, he’s as dodgy as they get.

Probably shitfaced after hours of expensive booze.

S ‘Scott Evil’ White had an interesting day yesterday. Outstanding performance to win the Gold Medal, but then got slaughtered by flag etiquette nazis for ‘dragging’ his national flag across the compacted snow at the bottom of the Peyongyang half pipe. Then accusations of bullying and mistreatment made by a former band mate resurfaced. The 2nd issue is more serious and it will be interesting to see how his community treats him in light of the current climate.

Come on Japanese boy?
You have somewhat peculiar tastes in films.

1 Like

Probably just retaliating for all the insults he cops for being a ranga.

1 Like

Peculiar? No, no… Broad.

Anything good on this arvo?

Hopefully the 90m ski jump is on. Failing that, I understand Chunky is competing in the something or other today.

Me.
Part owner in a ski lodge in Niseko Japan. Far better skier than cricketer.

1 Like