Winter Olympics - trying to not die

The exact same thing happened to him 4 years ago in Sochi. Bloke’s as tough as nails.

Wowee.

What a peanut. She was referring to their technical form and the way all Chinese aerial skiers are coached to use the exact same form in their jumps. There’s no freedom of expression or individuality as with other countries including Aus, US, etc.

“This is the right way to do it, you do it this way”

Cooper might’ve been clumsy in her explanation of this but it was in no way racist.
Yet another virtue signalling tossbag.

2 Likes

Snowboarding is great fun in fresh & powder snow.
Australians ski & board on icy hard packed snow 95% of the time.
Skis have much better control on icy hard packed snow cause of the edges on the skis

99% of the time.

1 Like

In fact, I’ve never ever ever skied powder in Australia. Not even once. I’ve had some squeaky dry freshies at -7 but never ever skied blower.

You losers could do what the real cool kids in snow-less Australia and roller blade or skateboard.

1 Like

Rollerblades were for losers.

My first season was that mammoth long one that went almost to the end of September like 10 or so years ago. Hotham was the opposite of icy.

So I’m a cool kid now? Cool.

1 Like

Lydia Lassila didn’t make the final for the freestyle aerials. 5x Olympian, 1x Gold, 1x bronze. Fair effort.

Possibly the most accurate comment ever posted on Blitz.

That could’ve been 2016… I was skiing Hotham on the GF public holiday that year. The joint has closed the week before so was deserted excpet for the few of us doing sled shuttles up and down heavenly. Thanks dirty dan.
Or 2012. 2010. 2008. 2004. 2000. Or of course last year which was a ball tearer.

08 sounds right

And worth noting that she is a mad Bombers supporter. To the point that she has appeared in the Bombershop promos for new gear in the past.

And is also a top person as well.

4 Likes

Definitely 08, it started dumping at Buller during the Grand Final so a mate and I decided to head up on the Sunday. Place was deserted with 50cm of fresh on the ground.

One mistake in the giant slalom could lead to death.

What a finish!

Trespeuch was coming 2nd. What happened?

The Australian girl’s effort to walk, let alone make the little final in the snowboard cross is amazing. How good is she?