Winter Olympics - trying to not die

I’m so hot for Mel O’loughlan.

I dunno, I worked with Shane Yost (first ever to do a 1260 on blades) and he was pretty cool.
Still reckon you only blade if you’ve got no rink to play ice hockey on though.

And not afraid to speak her mind. Good girl.

'LYDIA SLAMS MAGNUSSEN

Lydia Lassila has hit back at swimmer James Magnussen for suggesting winter sports were less professional then their summer counterparts, saying he’d “probably cry” if he had to compete in one.

Magnussen drew attention in an interview on Fox Sports, saying the public had double standards - with high expectations of summer Olympians but lower ones from the more “laidback, relaxed feel” of the Winter Olympics. He said alpine athletes got to listen to music while competing, with advertising everywhere while summer sports were by contrast “super professional” and “super intense”.

But the retiring Lassila scoffed at Magnussen’s comments, suggesting he had it a lot easier being in an indoor sport and “following a black line”. “He doesn’t have to deal with changing conditions, changing variables,” she said.

“He can come any day and try to do what we do. Not against the best in the world but against the extreme variables that we are facing.

“Forget about it, he’d probably cry.”

Olympic Winter Institute boss Geoff Lipshut weighed in on the debate suggesting halfpipe rider Scotty James going up against Shaun White was similar to Magnussen trying to beat swimming great Michael Phelps. ’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/winter-olympics/winter-olympics-2018-day-7-live-the-best-action-from-pyeongchang/news-story/52d6fd1daa4deea52ae6891cbdf132f3

1 Like

Can still hear the noise that came out of her the first time she popped her knee . Was horrendous.

1 Like

Last night Womens aerial jumps was unreal. They were pumping up the first girl, a Korean who gets free entry.

She went over the smallest jump, barely got enough height to perform a back flip and then crash.

Honestly, with a couple weeks training I reckon most of us could’ve been as good.

Commentators go on to say at least she can say she led the olympics…

what leg does a swimmer even have to stand on, you only go up and down.

summer olympics is such wank. not even sport, just do 1 element other sports incorporate into their games.

congratulations you can jump, run, swim.

1 Like

The gymnasts are awesome.

1 Like

Snowboard cross may be my new favourite Olympic event in either summer or winter

Anyone see that Japanese dudes short program?

Magnusson comments very much suggest that he has not gotten over his massive choke at the 2012 London Olympics.

Reminds me a bit of theBMX at the Summer Games, fast and with plenty of stacks.

1 Like

Happy that the winner in the aerials was the one doing the triple.

Gee all these Australian Winter Olympians must have felt stupid do these ■■■■■■■ Channel 7 promos they obviously be forced to to do dressed in their winter Olympic gear down at the ■■■■■■■ beach, holding their skies or ■■■■■■■ snowboard.

Skeleton really is insane isn’t it…

2 Likes

Who do I speak to to get these crazy mofos at the next Olympics?

2 Likes

Love some super g

1 Like

I reckon they need to be able to pick up mini weapons around the corners.

2 Likes

Without the M or the X

Didn’t some snowboarder chick win gold in the women’s downhill on a set of borrowed skis?

Remarkable effort considering some of the negativity towards snowboarders round this place, or just how overrated skiing is?

2 Likes

Love it when that pops up on Foxtel. Crazy bastards!!

1 Like