Winter Olympics - trying to not die

Just found out he ended up with 4 broken ribs, a bruised lung and a pelvis fracture.

Ouch

1 Like

SPEED SKATING IS INSANE

1 Like

That relay event is great but farking impossible to follow. Even the commentators didn’t realise it had finished for a few seconds!

1 Like

they have nfi anyway.

1 Like

A German skating to the Schindler’s list theme song. Controversial

1 Like

It’d only be controversial if she’s trying to tell the German view of the history of the holocaust in the form of interpretative ice dance.

Well, Schindler’s List was a story of redemption and heroism, so there’s that.

1 Like

Surprise!

Is it just me or is it everytime I flick over to the Olympic games there is yet another heat of 1000 MTR speed skating. I feel like it’s on a loop

Ice hockey is insane. In a similar way to Australian football. If you don’t know the game it’s hard to keep up!

The outside events continually changing from day to night gives you a clue how many repeats there are. And still no time for curling!

1 Like

I think the Germans are more or less on the same page as everyone else when it comes to their understanding of what happened under the Nazis

3 Likes

I need to revise this.

E Ledecka is a skier who snowboard’s pretty well.

Epic Gold Medal Match in the Men’s Ice Hockey to close out the Olympics.

1 Like

What do the North Korean athletes who have been told they come from the most advanced nation on earth think of the closing ceremony?
It must blow their minds.

What was the point of the mass start speed skating events. In reality weren’t they just a 16 lap race to see who crossed the finish line first. I mean those other three sprints every fourth lap were pretty much meaningless weren’t they? They were only worth 5 points to the person who crossed the line first, so even if you won all of them, you only got 15 points, which wasn’t even enough to get you a medal unless you finish top 3 in the final sprint.

Yep the sprints were completely meaningless in the final. In the lead up races they were important. First 3 across the line plus next 6? on points got to progress to the next race. Seemed a pretty dumb idea to me too.

Sounds like a sport invented by athletes who weren’t good enough to win other events and wanted their share of the gold (as it were)

1 Like

2 Likes