Wise in Foresight- #1 Pick Time Capsule

Since the bombers interviewed Mcgluggage last that must mean something. I think they wanted to hear the other two candidates before awarding the top job to our man Mcgluggage . If its between McGRATH and Mcgluggage, then based on the highlights Mcgluggage is far more classier. His skills look sublime under pressure especially in front of goal, he seems like an instinctive pure footballer that makes things look easy. He definetely has the bigger upside.

You are correct. McGrath was away this week which is why he was interviewed last week.

Interestingly McGrath I believe was away in Sydney so we could have interviewed him up there if we wanted - but think I am reading too much into the meetings.

Yes maybe. I think we are thinking the same way with this but probably will both be disappointed. If so, hopefully we are wrong with wanting Mccluggage and Mcgrath is a better player in the long run.

SPS is the only player I would consider taking ahead of McCluggage, could easily be the best player looking back in a few years, would be like picking a McLeod at 1, I know he plays a slightly different style, I just think he will be that good.
I definitely think SPS will be a better footballer than McGrath, may not get the ball as much but uses it so much better.

Watching McCluggage you will just come to expect him to kick goals, will see it unfold as he always pushes hard forward, so ■■■■■■ dangerous.

I also think Brodie will be a better footballer than McGrath, Brodie will become a beast.

1. SPS or McCluggage, Brodie 3rd.
    Scrimshaw has some ■■■■■■ awesome moments in games, if he puts it all together he could be a gun, just need to keep him forward more often to show his brilliance.

Brodie

Which kid is from NZ?

Brodie

I heard he interviewed poorly.

McGrath will almost certainly be the best draftee next year as a physically ready half back, and I’d back him in for the rising star full Callum Mills style. Just putting that here as prediction, don’t think it should make even the slightest difference to who we pick.

McGrath will almost certainly be the best draftee next year as a physically ready half back, and I'd back him in for the rising star full Callum Mills style. Just putting that here as prediction, don't think it should make even the slightest difference to who we pick.

Next year’s RS will be Francis!

Definitely want McCluggage, he’s a smooth time traveller.
McGrath is a manic HB who will not be the footballer everyone thinks he will be and if EFC pick him it will be a big mistake.
There, I said it.

McClug. Voted McGrath as I think we will pick him. :frowning:

I think we’ll look back in time and wish we’d picked Setterfield

Definitely want McCluggage, he's a smooth time traveller. McGrath is a manic HB who will not be the footballer everyone thinks he will be and if EFC pick him it will be a big mistake. There, I said it.

Or
His manic style, footy nous, explosive pace and ferocious competitive spirit makes him one of the best players to pull on the jumper.

Or something in between.

He has a very high ceiling for development for a ready made player.

McClug. Voted McGrath as I think we will pick him. :(

Raed the thread title… :wink:

3:30 Draft begins soon. I have saved th e4 pages so far for future reference.

If we don’t choose McC, Disco has disappointed 65% of Blitzers.

I think we’ll pick McCluggage.
Perhaps in 3 years or so, it will be justified.
In any case, we will get at least one excellent addition to our team tonight. I can’t wait.

Disco just disappointed 65% of Blitzers…

Good luck to McG. It’s not a mistake as bad as missing Cyril but it was a once in a lifetime to get the bloke who was best performed young player in the country.

1 Like

I’ll go on record and say I preferred McLuggage. I guess he felt like more of a “game-changer” to me.

I'll go on record and say I preferred McLuggage. I guess he felt like more of a "game-changer" to me.
+1

Fantastic choice, well done again Disco.

I'll go on record and say I preferred McLuggage. I guess he felt like more of a "game-changer" to me.

Game changer??? FFS, he’s the best player in TAC history. Dodoro may be right passing on him. But fark me, its a big big big call. Everytime someone looks awkward in front of goal I’ll be thinking… Clug would’ve kicked that off one step.

1 Like

Brisbane will f*ck up McCluggage’s development and we’ll sweep in and pick him up with a 3rd round pick in 6 years time.