WOB in eight hours time… win versus Wiggles, discuss

@DarwinBomberDiehard Are you a wizard?

2 Likes

@Diggers

Surely you didn’t miss this??

Of all the teams to talk about drugs. LOL.

3 Likes

It must be a WA thing.
Riccardo with his shoey.
Now WOB with his golden shower.
Can’t they drink in a normal way.

4 Likes

I have a couple of mates who are West coast supporters. They always bring it up when talking about Essendon.

I just laugh. Honestly. If there is one club that can’t talk about taking drugs. It’s them.

1 Like

Random fact : 8 of the guys we had playing for us last night don’t have a contract for next year yet.

I haven’t heard one thing in the media talking about Essendon today.

The only talk in the media is about how pathetic West Coast were last night.

We blitzed the sh*t out of them. We opened them up with speed which they had no counter for. They lost all confidence in their zone, because the way we opened them up.

Outplayed. It was a 70 point win (brought back into 28 points because of umpiring).

6 Likes

And, it was a beautiful entertaining brand of football.

4 Likes

17 Likes

good to see you took precautions against chafing

4 Likes

Missed large parts of the game but just stoked to see the end result. Where’s the replay?

2 Likes

Missed it.

Lemon drink, aspirin and whisky.

That looks like a nasty cold you’ve got.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Heffsgirl!

3 Likes

The best thing about this win is that opposition sides will have to think twice about tagging Merrett with the likes of Saad, Smith, Hepp and…(the list goes on) tackling, running and creating as they did last night…

If the owners of the game decide to tinker next year with making the game more open we will be in a great position…(in theory at any rate)

1 Like

Yep. “Running the lines” meant something completely different to that team.

1 Like

Watching the replay, the umpiring is worse than the first time. Actually quite comical.

3 Likes

Impressive win, we seem to now be transitioning between last year and this years game plan across one game which is good. I think it was intentional that we went into lockdown mode later in the second when the lead blew out to enough. Started to retain possession which was good to see, something new tried interstate to salvage a big lead.

Gobsmacked by the umpiring, it felt like literally every time we touched them the whistle blew. What made me even more frustrated was how bias the commentary was, not even a mention of us getting absolutely screwed, except for the boundary rider at one point and when he mention it the commentary box went dead silent, like they’d been warned not to mention it, pathetic really.

Overall the last half was a pretty boring and frustrating game and i would of enjoyed seeing us still attack but it was good to see now we can change things up in-game to win ugly if needed.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen an essendon team as manic as last night. Everyone worked their arses off

3 Likes