WOB in eight hours time… win versus Wiggles, discuss

This is going to be a 13 win year to make the final 8 I reckon. As good as last night was, we’re still stuffed this year. Win the next 4 and I might be siinging a different tune.

2 Likes

Like most I was stunned at how we broke them early on, pure mental disintegration, they couldn’t even kick straight after that.
Would have been good to get a few more goals while we had the chance as percentages will probably come into play if we get near the top 8, but I can’t complain too much.
Scoreboard pressure. So important. When Tbell got his goal (our 3rd) at the 10 min mark it put us up by 19 points and put us in control and say the crowd on their butts, then we hammered it home with 2 more from Stringer and 1 from Smith on the siren. We were 6.2 but it could have easily been only 3.5 or 4.4 on our past history with accuracy and would have given them hope.
Umpires. Yeah I know the free count is skewed but most of those paid against us were pretty obvious. Probably could have paid us a couple more. Smack took that mark, on replay so did Stringer on the 3rd bite (or I’ve seen similar paid) and Hooker touched it. And the 50m penalties were there too and if they were consistent they should have paid us at least 1 maybe two.
But free kicks? I reckon we played a down and dirty, scrappy brand of footy and I liked it. I think it intimidated them. They had to earn their marks and when we tackled they stayed tackled even if it was late or a bit high or in the back, it was ■■■■■■■ worth it.
Best thing was we didn’t skip a beat, didn’t crack the sads, we just kept cracking in, marvelous.
Kangas won’t be underestimating us, and will probably be quite defensive, so will be interesting to see how we play against a less arrogant side.
Anyway, really stoked and proud of our boys and our club.

6 Likes

I chose the wrong year to not travel to interstate games.

2 Likes

It could even be a 14 win year.

I’m very happy with how we are travelling right now. But it still feels as if we threw this season away with our performances early on.

3 Likes

Will be ruing the Carlton and Dogs loss all season.

1 Like

The return games against Collingwood, Hawthorn, Fremantle and Richmond will be informative to see what we have learnt and how we do second time around.

5 Likes

I feel like every fkn year we’re ruing a loss to fkn fark carlton

8 Likes

Which one is you???

Where a outs in Burnie? I regularly go there for work. Never found this hidden gem, must investigate.

Happy birthday to this Blitz treasure :beer:

2 Likes

Hate those ■■■■■■ reckon we would flog them if we played them again next week this a diffrent Essendon side to the one they beat

yep.
i’ve decided to head up to the gc game just for the hell of it.

1 Like

Up until a few years back The Birmingham was a skungy joint populated by Neo-Nazis and crustys who didn’t care. Now they’re the Parma Kings. What a world

Adam Saad single-handedly dismantled their zone.

I don’t care what the AFL commentators say, with the pace we moved the ball through the corridor and our clean hands. We would have belted any team last night. Which we did. We dismantled a team which had lost 1 game for the year, at their home ground, with one-sided umpiring.

Noone would have gotten near us, with the way we played.

8 Likes

In the last quarter Myers kicks out of bounds on the full in our forward pocket, the west coast player has a free kick so he’s standing behind the boundary line and then hand balls back into play. Is this allowed? Did I see this right? I thought you had to kick it but no mention from the commentary team, another example of bad umpiring or have I just not been paying attention for the past 40 years?

Any disposal or playon is fine

1 Like

You mention the Carlton loss all the time Nino.
Just let it go.
It’s a loss we needed to have to change things up.
Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom.

Win that Carlton game, and who knows if we go on to win 4 of our next 5?..probably NOT.
Seriously, look at the list of opponents and venues in that 5.
It’s fkn impressive form.

North are in trouble Sunday week !

6 Likes

You can guarantee that North will be trying to cut off our run through the corridor.

And Jacobs will end up back in the showers with Zach after the game.

7 Likes

Exactly. We lost to Carlton and Bulldogs but beat WC in Perth, GWS in Sydney and Adelaide. If I was picking wins at season start I would have picked two of that lot and we’ve got three. Can’t rewrite history in a one sided way.

Jacobs is the best run with player in the game, but he’s only a smallish player.
We should work him over physically, like we did with Beams and Zorko 2 weeks ago.
Provide Zach as much protection as possible.

While we’re on next week’s game, I don’t want to see anyone suggesting Hooker forward for this game.
My reply will be short and to the point !