WOB in eight hours time… win versus Wiggles, discuss

Thanks mate. Going to tick in a pizza and watch the replay.

1 Like

Thanks! Treasure or disgrace. A fine line.

The real test is when we play the dog ■■■■ teams. Will they bring that level of intensity?

What if Francis comes in if Redman misses. Gives us too many talls in the backline.

Hooker forward…Hurley forward…Francis forward.

I’d probably look at Ridley to replace Redman just on the grounds of team balance.

I think we will smash both Suns and Saints

We had 27 inside 50’s to 6 IIRC vs Brisbane in Q3

Just couldn’t capitalise

We will crush the bottom sides now IMO. We’ve done it to top teams in various quarters also.

GWS in the last could not get near it which won us the game. WC in the first also meant game over.

Richmond however we couldn’t cope ourselves gett

1 Like

Only if we played FC again cause i reckon they would get an almighty pantsing with the form we are in right now.

Very cold in Melbourne today. Really need that scarf.

Oh ok, thanks.

Thanks mate…

11 Likes

Most of the frees paid against us were there, even if they were things that would normally be let go. The frustrating thing was how many weren’t paid against WC.

3 Likes

I think as long as they’re behind the mark it’s fine

Hit the wall this arvo. Coffee is not working. Think we will close shop at 4 and hit the gas. Not sure I have too much petrol left in the tank!

4 Likes

it’s a grey area that they make up as they go.
depending on the umpire and their interpretation.

I mean in the same situation the ump can call play on when someone is outside the boundary line and then allow them to wait for 2-3 seconds before kicking it.
but then some umpires from that situation if you change direction they will call it back and for a throw in cos you’re out of bounds.

pretty much they wing it and haven’t been called out on it cos it hasn’t been involved in a controversy yet.

1 Like

yeah give me any of their other beers.

I agree. I put the question a few weeks ago when one of our players was called OOB and a throw in given after the umpire called play on while he was still behind the mark and OOB. IIRC he went to kick or HB sideways, changed his mind, and the umpire call for a throw in. It was MCG HFF in front of the old northern stand (can’t remember the game or the player - I know, AN10, old age)

I believe the ball isn’t in play until it crosses the line, and you can’t have played on until then.
You will notice that the umps call play on as soon as a player steps inside the line when he has come from outside the line after a mark or free kick.

They need to come up with an interpretation and then promulgate it. It could potentially impact the result of a game, if for example a player taking a kick after the siren goes from outside the line and takes a step inside the line before kicking for goal.

if we beat north you’d get pretty into our finals chances.

and if we knocked off the filth…on the bus.

2 Likes

Classic 8 point games against Nth, Collingwood, Freo, Hawthorn and Port ahead. These are the ones that will make or break our season from this point on.

Win those = another 40 points

we might finish clear on top!!

1 Like

With our garbage percentage if we don’t flog a couple of sides we are most like going to need to win 8 of our last 9 IMO. We will probably slip up once or twice in the run home. Sydney is Sydney, they’ll find a way to dik us and Richmond just have to turn up to beat us these days.
I’m thinking at best we get 7 wins but most likely 5 or 6

2 Likes