WOB in eight hours time… win versus Wiggles, discuss

The pressure was starting to appear in the Carlton game. We were our own worst enemy not kicking straight.

1 Like

We’ve made the finals from similar holes in the past. I wouldn’t be putting money on it, but it’s hardly unheard of.

The Sydney game is a home game, first one in a few years.

I expected from the moment the ump deflected the ball to Raz that lead to a goal the umps would go full West Coast, and they did not disappoint (and then some)

I don’t think they went full Free Kick West Coast until Tippa kicked the goal that put us 50 or so in front. Then it was like a switch got flicked and they were right into it

5 Likes

the fact that we have the sides in 6th 7th and 8th on our run home I think isna very good thing.

1. to make finals you want to win one. so beating them would give us confidence to do so.

and 2

those sides likely play amongst each other somewhat too.

if we have a richmond or sydney style run at the 8 then it will be quite a ride. sneak in or not we will shape the 8

we get 7 wins with our draw and 13 will be enough.

1 Like

No finals this year BUT the remaining 9 are all about next year. No point bemoaning missed opportunity this year. Win as many they can, with an inspiring away game against Port to have supporters dreaming of a bright 2019

Even if we don’t make finals. If we make a huge charge for 2nd half of year and keep knocking off top teams also looks good for prospective targets we after.

1 Like

Yep. I only watched the first quarter last night and was surprised by all the umpire angst I heard today. Then i watched the replay of the rest of the game. Probably the worst display I’ve ever seen.

I think 7 wins will have us missing by % unless we can get some boosters along the way. I really only think there is 1 spot left in the 8 and have a feeling North might just do enough

Wait… we’re good again?

2 Likes

The whack on Nic Nat - 100%, f off with Rance soft ■■■■ divers who live for the umps frees to save their farking reoutations.

You might be right.
We MUST beat North.
No doubt about it.
Probably put down the Hawks and Magpies as MUST wins also, as another spot other than Norths could become available.

Even if we do beat them, I can still see them getting to 13 wins, and our % is a long way behind theirs at this stage.

The gap between what was a HTB free for them compared to us… or deliberate… or in the back in a marking contest… just farking wow…

1 Like

Oh god, also the instant we were near the area, 50, spent 5 mins telling the eagles player to get out the other way around

Who cares about finals.
Just play for the fun of belting teams this season. If we end up making it, fantastic. But the club’s aim this season is about establishing and learning the way we want to play, not sneaking into finals.

13 Likes

Lol I’ve said basically the same thing at a West Coast game in Melbourne a couple of years ago.

1 Like

What a fantastic win! Was in Dublin & gave up sightseeing to find some free wifi to watch it. Exceeded all expectations! Have loved reading all the posts (finally) - good stuff WOB- you deserved the joy after the miserable performances you suffered on the long drive east for ANZAC Day.

8 Likes

Mrs close likes this wob

1 Like

rolling north, dawks, sydney tiges and the pies on our way into the finals would be spectacular though

realistically we will go nowhere near it, we’ll win maybe 4 or 5 of our last few games, the players ■■■■■■ this season way back at anzac day