WOB in eight hours time… win versus Wiggles, discuss

I’m still unsure how you mistake Smith for Stringer.

3 Likes

For a while, too.

1 Like

What about Basil’s call of ‘bellchambers he marks it and… He marks it’?

3 Likes

They both start with S :wink:

He marked the spot that he marked the ball so the umpire would know where the man on the mark should be.

3 Likes

Easy.

They bleeped out the intervening segment:

‘bellchambers he marks it and [why don’t our maggot mates over-rule that] He marks it’

How Salty was Sam Mitchell at the Q1 break when Bell first shoved a microphone in his face asking for an explanation…love it.

9 Likes

A couple of things making me laugh watching the replay.

• The deflection from the umpires leg (which was actually Jetta) that resulted in a Stringer goal was my favourite moment of the match (OK, Tippa’s goal was but it was seriously funny).

• Are West Coast fans the most entitled fans in football? Whenever the umpire’s whistle blew - even on the rare occasion that it was an obvious and paid free kick to Essendon - they cheered. Once they realised that it hadn’t gone their way then they booed (and by that I mean, moreso than the constant dull boo that sat over the stadium all night). They just expected that every decision would go their way - and I understand why, because 9 times out of 10 they are right.

• Pretty funny how the commentators (other than Peter Bell - who I don’t mind as he clearly hates West Coast) did everything possible not to mention the umpire bias. When Peter Bell mentioned that a 12-28 free kick tally was unusual when the team with 12 had dominated until that point … an uncomfortable (what felt like) 10 second silence descended over the commentary box until they went back to commentating the game.

• The commentators get players wrong and mixed up regularly but crediting Toby Greene (without correction) to our fleet of runners was pretty special.

12 Likes

ill go even more now, just cos it’ll annoy the ■■■■ out of you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

re your brown v mcgovern matchup and using him, i’d add in bags on jetta. they seemed to almost specifically look for those two and try and hit them up, to make the wc players more accountable early.

1 Like

Perhaps. However he presents a big body and even if he doesn’t mark at least he brings the ball to the ground. I say give him more time. He could have kicked one or two goals if he had of taken one of his almost marks and if the dumpire had of payed the obvious mark.

just watch the replay and I reckon the weagles only kicked 4 8 if you take the silly umpire interference (read charity) free kicks. so the umpires added 2 8 to their score.

The bombers are awesome…I hope they keep this take the game on for the rest of the season . Dont care (well i do) if we make the 8. Our game is the best style to watch…fast and aggresive.

Go Bombers

and i’m not sure Stringer knows the song yet

5 Likes

Watching the replay… WCE players, even before they were several goals down, seemed to play as if the wings of the crowd and umpires’ will would see the ball come to them. We were immense. Stuck it right up them as Ted would say.

should have beaten the Eagles by 10 goals, if not for the 33 to 17 free kicks, stop our momentum every time we went forward, umpires Margetts pulled a free kick out from his ■■■

1 Like

The umpire did everything in their power, to try to get Eagles the win especially umpire Margetts. Not one word in the media about the free kicks count, because of big brother AFL won’t let them comment on it

2 Likes

Hmphhh, . Umpire Magetts, … :yum:

Maggot Magetts, even better.

2 Likes

Is WOB sober yet ?

Concur, he couldn’t hide it, doesn’t know the words.

He’s got till GF Day 2019 to learn the words.
Should be enough time.

4 Likes